Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A gay person confesses to you. What are your thoughts? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If it was a male? I would feel really honoured that they felt they could trust me enough to tell me
    If it was a female? Hey I'm bi, lets get together sometime
    If it was a female but she wasn't cute? I'm really glad you opened up to me but unfortunately I'm straight

ReputationRep:
    I'd be about as interested as if they'd told me they preferred tea to coffee. Why is it even something that needs some grand conversation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Become giddy and give them a huge hug because they trusted me enough to tell me

'Who do you like? come on tell meeeee'

Then i would go out my way every now and then and make puns in regards to their sexuality because thats what i do with one of my mates
    In this example, that would be you. He confesses her/his love to you. The other thing is called coming out, not confessing

OP: I'd be like, really? and then I'd be like are you blind? and then I'd be like, ok, that's great but I don't see guys that way. SOZ.

Except if it was that Alex dude. Seriously, I am not gay but we could do things if he wanted. He looks dreamy.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    In this example, that would be you. He confesses her/his love to you. The other thing is called coming out, not confessing

OP: I'd be like, really? and then I'd be like are you blind? and then I'd be like, ok, that's great but I don't see guys that way. SOZ.

Except if it was that Alex dude. Seriously, I am not gay but we could do things if he wanted. He looks dreamy.
    Oh crap i misread the thing oops i would be shocked and callthem blind
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Become giddy and give them a huge hug because they trusted me enough to tell me

'Who do you like? come on tell meeeee'

Then i would go out my way every now and then and make puns in regards to their sexuality because thats what i do with one of my mates

IGNORE THE ANSWER I AM BLIND AT READING QUESTIONS SO YEAH
    bless u
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    If it was a male? I would feel really honoured that they felt they could trust me enough to tell me
    If it was a female? Hey I'm bi, lets get together sometime
    If it was a female but she wasn't cute? I'm really glad you opened up to me but unfortunately I'm straight
    omfg the change in answers

ReputationRep:
    I'd add them to the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Probably feel a little offended that he thought I was gay.
    Why would that be an offensive thing?

ReputationRep:
    Meh I had a lesbian once tell me she rarely goes for guys but when she does I tend to be the type she goes for. She said she liked submissive guys because they were more like women. I was kind of left not knowing whether to feel flattered or insulted.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    I'd consider whether they're my type or not.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Why would that be an offensive thing?
    Because I am not gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Probably laugh and ask them if it is a joke, if not ask why they thought it would be a good idea to come out to me and ask me out.

Probably feel a little offended that he thought I was gay.
    It isnt obvious whether or not someone is gay. Almost nobody is actually like an Alan Carr caricature in real life.

I'd be proper chuffed that they thought I was worthy of them tbh :lol:

Can I also say, I don't understand why straight people think that gay couples are so cute. Like yes, we are a gay couple but we're not the next power couple...:dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I'd be proper chuffed that they thought I was worthy of them tbh :lol:

Can I also say, I don't understand why straight people think that gay couples are so cute. Like yes, we are a gay couple but we're not the next power couple...:dontknow:
    aww you are worthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    aww you are worthy
    I'd run away as fast as I could, probably beating Usain Bolts 100m record! I just don't understand how someone becomes gay? If I had to sit next to them on a bus journey or something, I'd probably throw up and be sweating loads.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Un sueño)
    I'd run away as fast as I could, probably beating Usain Bolts 100m record! I just don't understand how someone becomes gay? If I had to sit next to them on a bus journey or something, I'd probably throw up and be sweating loads.
    i have better things to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i have better things to worry about
    Oh, I was just saying what I would do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Un sueño)
    Oh, I was just saying what I would do.
    oh i thought you were asking me oops

ReputationRep:
    "Ok"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    Meh I had a lesbian once tell me she rarely goes for guys but when she does I tend to be the type she goes for. She said she liked submissive guys because they were more like women. I was kind of left not knowing whether to feel flattered or insulted.
    LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.