A gay person confesses to you. What are your thoughts?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Become giddy and give them a huge hug because they trusted me enough to tell me

'Who do you like? come on tell meeeee'

Then i would go out my way every now and then and make puns in regards to their sexuality because thats what i do with one of my mates

IGNORE THE ANSWER I AM BLIND AT READING QUESTIONS SO YEAH

ReputationRep:
    If it was a male? I would feel really honoured that they felt they could trust me enough to tell me
    If it was a female? Hey I'm bi, lets get together sometime
    If it was a female but she wasn't cute? I'm really glad you opened up to me but unfortunately I'm straight

ReputationRep:
    I'd be about as interested as if they'd told me they preferred tea to coffee. Why is it even something that needs some grand conversation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)

Then i would go out my way every now and then and make puns in regards to their sexuality because thats what i do with one of my mates
    In this example, that would be you. He confesses her/his love to you. The other thing is called coming out, not confessing

OP: I'd be like, really? and then I'd be like are you blind? and then I'd be like, ok, that's great but I don't see guys that way. SOZ.

Except if it was that Alex dude. Seriously, I am not gay but we could do things if he wanted. He looks dreamy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    In this example, that would be you. He confesses her/his love to you. The other thing is called coming out, not confessing

OP: I'd be like, really? and then I'd be like are you blind? and then I'd be like, ok, that's great but I don't see guys that way. SOZ.

Except if it was that Alex dude. Seriously, I am not gay but we could do things if he wanted. He looks dreamy.
    Oh crap i misread the thing oops i would be shocked and callthem blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)

IGNORE THE ANSWER I AM BLIND AT READING QUESTIONS SO YEAH
    bless u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    If it was a male? I would feel really honoured that they felt they could trust me enough to tell me
    If it was a female? Hey I'm bi, lets get together sometime
    If it was a female but she wasn't cute? I'm really glad you opened up to me but unfortunately I'm straight
    omfg the change in answers

ReputationRep:
    I'd add them to the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Probably feel a little offended that he thought I was gay.
    Why would that be an offensive thing?

ReputationRep:
    Meh I had a lesbian once tell me she rarely goes for guys but when she does I tend to be the type she goes for. She said she liked submissive guys because they were more like women. I was kind of left not knowing whether to feel flattered or insulted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    I'd consider whether they're my type or not.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Why would that be an offensive thing?
    Because I am not gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Probably laugh and ask them if it is a joke, if not ask why they thought it would be a good idea to come out to me and ask me out.

Probably feel a little offended that he thought I was gay.
    It isnt obvious whether or not someone is gay. Almost nobody is actually like an Alan Carr caricature in real life.

I'd be proper chuffed that they thought I was worthy of them tbh :lol:

Can I also say, I don't understand why straight people think that gay couples are so cute. Like yes, we are a gay couple but we're not the next power couple...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I'd be proper chuffed that they thought I was worthy of them tbh :lol:

Can I also say, I don't understand why straight people think that gay couples are so cute. Like yes, we are a gay couple but we're not the next power couple...:dontknow:
    aww you are worthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    aww you are worthy
    I'd run away as fast as I could, probably beating Usain Bolts 100m record! I just don't understand how someone becomes gay? If I had to sit next to them on a bus journey or something, I'd probably throw up and be sweating loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Un sueño)
    I'd run away as fast as I could, probably beating Usain Bolts 100m record! I just don't understand how someone becomes gay? If I had to sit next to them on a bus journey or something, I'd probably throw up and be sweating loads.
    i have better things to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i have better things to worry about
    Oh, I was just saying what I would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Un sueño)
    Oh, I was just saying what I would do.
    oh i thought you were asking me oops

ReputationRep:
    "Ok"

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.