Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    right first off, my dad (biological) has been a **** to me most of my life.
    1. ignoring me as a child,
    2. being a s**t to my mom.
    3. single reason y im so Fk'ed up
    4. didnt pay child support so me, my sis, my bro and mom had a hard time when we left.
    5. haven't seen him since i was 14-15 cant remmber (im 18)

i have recently talked to him on msn and he has invited me to come with him to saudi arabia (qatar) for a year. {theres some clause thing that means he doesnt have to pay taxes abroad, so he becomes a rich *******}

should i go?
    Well, knowing you as I do, I know you hate him and I don't think you could survive a year without doing something to him. If he really wants you out there, tell him you will go, as long as he starts paying maintainace for you and your siblings.

ReputationRep:
    Go there, If you want a holiday and a break. Ive heard the shopping there is amazing. Spend all ur dads money.

(Original post by BlueAngel)
    Spend all ur dads money.
    Is that something you would do...

ReputationRep:
    4. didnt pay child support so me, my sis, my bro and mom had a hard time when we left.

i have recently talked to him on msn and he has invited me to come with him to saudi arabia (qatar) for a year. {theres some clause thing that means he doesnt have to pay taxes abroad, so he becomes a rich *******}

should i go?
    If the idea of being decapitated by disgruntled arabs is your cup of tea then NO...

I cant go over there with my grnadfather anymore, or anywhere in the M.E. for that matter, why? because there is a dirty great war going on! And I wanted to see Assyrian artifacts in the museum of Iraq... dont think that will be happening any time soon! The bloody museum was blown to bits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Is that something you would do...

I do that all the time, Im daddys girl, so all I do is smile and I get what I want. I hope this effect works on Shane.

I do that all the time, Im daddys girl, so all I do is smile and I get what I want. I hope this effect works on Shane.
    You could always ask your Dad to buy you Shane!

ReputationRep:
    I would go really he's your father you should probably see him one more time before rejecting him permanently (if he's still a f***wit). wouldn't go there for a year though. also how does your mum feel about you going/not going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    You could always ask your Dad to buy you Shane!

Ive already asked him that for my wedding, If I dont marry Shane and marry someone else, I want Shane to sing at my wedding, then I can run away with him

Ive already asked him that for my wedding, If I dont marry Shane and marry someone else, I want Shane to sing at my wedding, then I can run away with him
    Awh, think of the guy you stood up!

should i go?
    Yeah i would go at least once, it's impossible to entirely hate a parent, you probably still want to see him really. If he's an utter **** the whole time then just never go again, but at least try it out; i still go and see my mum sometimes...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.