Falling in love with girls on the street. Despair over missed opp

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henrysterca)
    What's a prize bell - end?.
    You.

ReputationRep:
    It just depresses me so much that I can't be with these cute girls.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be with all the cute girls in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be with all the cute girls in the world.
    Well you can't. Stop fantasising so much, it's useless.

You're not in love with these girls, you just think they're good looking

ReputationRep:
    Calm down mate! Feel free to peruse my various resources on TSR and my blog in order to put yourself in a happier place

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I am a shy guy and my despair lies in that I fall in love instantly with cute girls that I see on the bus,street, mall and because i'm shy I don't have the courage to hit on them and I immediately feel a feeling of missed opportunity, like I have missed the love of my life.
    Like I have missed my future wife.
    It happens to me almost every day , that I see such a girl that I want to be with.
    It brings me to despair and suicidal thoughts.
    This is my post on another thread:

I've started approaching women, however, after so many years, the first time was in London and the first 9 attempts the conversation did not go anywhere. I also did some a year ago to no avail.

I recently just two weeks ago approached 9 women, the first two ignored me, the third one said "please don't talk to me" and the next two were into me, holding the conversation, the next one gave a excuse saying "I have to go to work".

Fortunately, the next two were interested in me, stayed and answered my questions, the reasons why I didn't end up with a number because I was not witty, quick enough to say something witty back.

It's all down to approaching and slowing it down, approach them and say "I just saw you and just had to meet you" in a jovial way, then transition with questions, observe, make a comment, instigate and play on the words when she answers back to your question.

The worst thing that is going to happen when approaching a women is he she pulls an angry face or tells you "to get lost", you will get these women, even the most successful men with women will get ignored.

The more you approach, the closer to success to a number or date you will be, it took me around 16 approaches to get a girl to hold a conversation.

Wearing good, well fitting clothes, grooming well, going to the gym will help a lot.

You should see a therapist to deal with your anxieties, they will help you, they helped me. Have friends, be friends with more females and this will boost your confidence.

You should try approaching as describe above, join clubs out of interest, meet women at uni, join speed dating, online dating.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Rhymes with infatuation.
    (Original post by Orbital Rising)
    Limerence.
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Infatuation?
    Limerence was the one I was thinking of, but infatuation is near enough perfectly synonymous with it so you're all technically correct :borat:

Cheers guys.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.