Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Why can't parents acknowledge a different perspective from their own . Oh and wow your choices are amazing!
    I guess at the end of they day they are just trying to protect you and save you accommodation costs, in the long run it will benefit you, you have to see it from their perspective. In their mind they are doing nothing wrong.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If the low percentage of people enrolling to university at my borough doesn't qualify for a contextual offer (this is what the career adviser at my college told me) then no.
    You need to check the criteria for getting a contextual offer at each university. They are all different.

e.g.
    Manchester http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/un...ntextual-data/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    It depends on the university. You'd have to look at their specific course pages. I got a lowered offered from UCL but it was nothing to do with my geographical location.

The thing is, at competitive universities, the vast majority of applicants will meet or exceed the three A-Level entry requirement with their predictions or with actual grades. A C is quite a low prediction so it could really hinder you. If you could get an A then why are you predicted a C? I personally think you'd be in a much stronger position applying in a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My college's policy doesn't allow predicted grades that are more than one above your AS grade (even if you redeem yourself at year 13). I don't want to take a gap year, after my A Level exams I want to go straight into uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samendrag)
    I guess at the end of they day they are just trying to protect you and save you accommodation costs, in the long run it will benefit you, you have to see it from their perspective. In their mind they are doing nothing wrong.
    True but they can't do this forever.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My college's policy doesn't allow predicted grades that are more than one above your AS grade (even if you redeem yourself at year 13). I don't want to take a gap year, after my A Level exams I want to go straight into uni
    Then you will need to rethink your choices a little as having a C as a predicted grade may prevent offers from top universities. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Then you will need to rethink your choices a little as having a C as a predicted grade may prevent offers from top universities. Best of luck.
    Thank you for the advice you've given me!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice you've given me!
    No problem. If you need any more help, just let me know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.