Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First car accident whose at fault Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    There's a 40mph road near me, and people can turn right before the filter light goes green if there's no oncoming traffic.

I feel like the woman who turned right had a green light but was meant to have given way to oncoming traffic. That's the hunch I've got. I've known some people to be a bit confused with that sort of system.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all lights on 40 roads have filter lights that run 24/7, but in my experience, most do. I can certainly throw some local examples of filter lights not always being used as well, but I can also throw in far more examples of filter lights being the norm.
    Honestly, the crucial part we're missing here is the location. To me, a 40 MPH road is most likely a major A road on the edge of a town/city. And generally, filter lights are the norm on major A roads.

As for getting confused, I can understand one person getting confused, but there's witnesses. There are certainly a lot of idiots on the road, but I'd be surprised if not a single one of them knew how filter lights work. Can we not ignore the OPs logic though? It's basically a case of 'I didn't see it so it didn't happen'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.