Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do you believe in soulmates?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do actually. As cheesy as it sounds, I like to think there's someone out there for everyone. Unfortunately though, I don't think everyone gets to meet their soulmate or ends up with them if they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Kind of
    Do you care to explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Do you care to explain?
    I sort of being believe or want to believe there's a compatible person out there for each of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlueBiro)
    Yeah I do actually. As cheesy as it sounds, I like to think there's someone out there for everyone. Unfortunately though, I don't think everyone gets to meet their soulmate or ends up with them if they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I think this too!

ReputationRep:
    no, after personal experience I believe a person can end up happy with multiple people in their lives. Thats how i believe some arrange marriages work because over time they learn to love each other (don't support them but i could see how it could make a bad situation better)

ReputationRep:
    hmmm

Well clearly the idea of 'soulmates' and 'the one' has sold a lot of books and films.

I suppose when the odds of finding someone truly compatible are so slim they may as well be known as 'the one'.

Tbh I can barely find people who are compatible as friends let alone a girl I'd want to share a bed with for the next 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I sort of being believe or want to believe there's a compatible person out there for each of us

I think the same.

Sadly the chance of finding them tends to be quite slim.

Chemistry can be a very powerful thing and I would imagine it is probably quite clear when you've found something special.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno tbh. I'm open minded to the idea though.

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlueBiro)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Somebody say Cheesy? :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    I used to...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think there's somebody out there for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think some people do have them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, no, maybe

ReputationRep:
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    Yes and No.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in them at all. But I guess it is a nice fantasy to have...

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that 2 people are ever automatically perfect for each other but I do believe that 2 people can be in love and are both willing to work through anything which would make them perfect for each other with work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chmbiogeog)
    Yep
    Yes- I think I might believe in them too...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.