Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you talk to yourself? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I act out scenarios that could potentially happen in the future - usually if the event makes me nervous. It's embarrassing when I'm walking home from school and I don't realise I'm doing it. E.g. I was acting out what to say when calling the uni admissions and someone looked at me weirdly - should've worn headphones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    When I'm trying to organise things, yes. I also have very aggressive dialogues with my computer.
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    No I actually never talk to myself that's kinda weird.

Well only time is when I'm tired and need to keep doing something, I cheer myself on by saying "come on you stupid *******, one more hour" or "one more page" or "one more km to go" something like that... Or if I'm sad, I tell myself I better not cry.

but nothing else really.

I have actually seen other people though walking down the road legit talking to themselves and laughing at their own jokes lool unless they're talking into those earplug mics.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Yeah.

Where's my keys, where's my phone, where's my keys, where's my phone....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    When I'm doing maths, I get confused if I don't say some of it out loud.
    That is soooooo me! And then everyone looks at me thinking am going mental

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YES.

Mainly when I'm walking into work, like "Today is going to be a good day. Today is going to be a good day. Today is going to be a good day."

Or when I'm at work and there's no one near me. The work is straightforward enough that it's mainly my time to think about life or whatever, and if there's no one at work then I'll just think whatever I'm thinking of at work, or if i ask myself a question in my head i'll reply to it out loud so it's like a conversation.

Wow. I thought I was the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    If yes, then in what type of situations?

I do sometimes when I am making a sandwich or boiling an egg, like I'm on a cookery show.

Or, if I'm doing my makeup, I pretend that I have a YouTube channel.

:getmecoat:

Making a big mistake by not making this anon but what the heck. :lol:
    Nothing wrong with talking to yourself at all. It's only a problem when people are hearing voices and talking to people who don't exist like in bipolar or schizophrenia.

ReputationRep:
    More often than I probably should :P

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself all the time and when I talk, it's not existing words, nor statements, nor anything, but incomprehensible gibberish paired with teeth grinding. Sometimes I thrown in a little dialog, I pull my hair and I punch the walls. Other times, I throw stuff around.

I do these things because people frustrate me and I have no one to talk to who could ever possibly understand me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do... Like sometimes if I'm searching for something for example my keys I will often say out loud something like 'keys, keys, where are you... Where are my keys... Can't find my keys'.

Often when I'm having a really intense thought, I will find myself unconsciously mouthing or muttering the words... I've been like that since I was 4, not sure how normal it is I've had people make comments about it so I may need to get out of this habit

ReputationRep:
    When I'm upset because I have no-one to talk to at home, like I'm real life 😞

ReputationRep:
    All the time, usually before bed when I'm about to fall asleep. I talk myself to sleep

Oh and in the shower.

ReputationRep:
    i talk to my self sometimes, quite rare
    but i talk to myself in my head, so think but in talking way
    ok im really not making sense

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in front of the mirror at home when I want to complain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when I'm trying to remember something important I have a full conversation with my self explaining why I need to remember it doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    I worry about people who don't talk to themselves!

I sometimes don't even realise I'm talking to myself until I realised after a while that I've just had a full blown conversation about what to wear, with myself... erm.

ReputationRep:
    All the time. I have about 10 different voices in my head. No I'm not crazy. Ok, maybe's I am.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm in constant dialogue with myself

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes my inner voice doesn't cut it so I talk it out.

yes:
    when i am confused
    when i am doing maths/science
    when my computer is lagging and i need to finish something
    when i can't find something

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.