Farage on Trump's remarks: "Look, this is alpha male boasting"

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    Well he said that because of his status he was able to grab them by the p***y, which is essentially sexual assault since it wasnt consensual. Sure, i doubt he'd do it (however his affiliations with Jeffrey epstein does suggest otherwise) but he is still normalising it by saying it was 'banter'.

The "overly sensitive leftist media" have every right to condemn trump for his comments.
    It's a stupid, throwaway comment. Most men make airheaded, flippant remarks like such. It's really not that big of deal. Maybe instead we should focus on the serious criticisms of candidates: Hillary has plenty.

ReputationRep:
    The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should we not hold our leaders to higher moral standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Should we not hold our leaders to higher moral standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my eyes, his moral standards hasn't changed. He's a guy who's rude and mean and arrogant, but in the end wants the best for the country and wants to deliver that. That scores pretty fine in my books, much higher than Clinton. The people who pretend to have high moral standards, you know, the McCain type, the Romney type, the whole Holier than Thou spiel, are usually just as sleazy as the next person and are in fact useless to voters because they're too scared to say something which might damage their reputation, they're too scared to bring any actual change to the political establishment which gave them their jobs in the first place. Trump says it like it is; he doesn't censor how he feels in fear for his job. When republicans (and democrats for that matter) have been in office (the types who you believe have higher moral standards), they've acheived very little actual change. They refuse to deal with any actual issues and simply gain votes through flashy gimmicky policies that force their voters into believing they have to vote to see x policy happen / not happen. Last election cycle, it was Obamacare, which happened to work well for the Republicans. In honesty, the GOP and the Dems are exactly the same, they run on a platform which keeps their core voter base satsfied and are happy just keeping their safe seats and switching presidents every decade or so. The Bush family and the Clinton family are pretty much besties at this point.

It's not just that though. If you had a someone with "high moral standards" running on Trump's platform, he would be a literal nobody. But as soon as Trump entered the race, he immediately generated headlines. The way he speaks and his "lack of moral standards" mean that he garners so much attention for the movement. People like him because he's a household figure, he's the macho pimp we all hear about and he's not a politican and he's actually fighting for us.

When you have someone who is as powerful and arrogant as Trump, you have someone who will say his thoughts and not care about the consequences, he is honest. But then you couple that with someone who actually wants to do good, then he is the ultimate weapon against the establishment.

I think it can be summed up best as "He is not the man we want, but the man we need" , he's like a disgusting medicine. Preferably, we would want a Saint to be President, but then he wouldn't get the job done and wouldn't get any votes.

ReputationRep:
    I like American faux-offence.

Just watch their telly or films. Full of this.

Or attend one of their colleges.

Just another thing to get spears out against someone. It'll blow over in about two hours from now, given how the debate is most likely to finish. He's never made himself out as saintly (à la Romney, Santorum etc).

Sure he's rude and angry, but so are many Americans. He comes across as absolutely believing in what he's fighting for, and more honest than Clinton. That's his Unique Selling Point, and nothing that is coincidentally leaked in parallel with WikiLeaks, will sway his hardened supporters.

ReputationRep:
    it did come off as peacocking to me, frat boy *******s. It is amazing the kind of **** Hilary is done in comparison and this frat boy *******s could actually end Donnie's campaign.

ReputationRep:
    The media love to paint the 'bad boy Trump' narrative whilst ignoring every single wrong-doing by Hillary Clinton.

Yet again, something Donald Trump did is blown highly out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the people saying this is normal man talk, you misandrist pigs. The only people I've known to speak like this are intellectually deficient meathead douchebags. There's a difference between saying "Id bang her" to saying you manipulate women with some form of influence or power to almost forcefully sleep with her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    In my eyes, his moral standards hasn't changed. He's a guy who's rude and mean and arrogant, but in the end wants the best for the country and wants to deliver that. That scores pretty fine in my books, much higher than Clinton. The people who pretend to have high moral standards, you know, the McCain type, the Romney type, the whole Holier than Thou spiel, are usually just as sleazy as the next person and are in fact useless to voters because they're too scared to say something which might damage their reputation, they're too scared to bring any actual change to the political establishment which gave them their jobs in the first place. Trump says it like it is; he doesn't censor how he feels in fear for his job. When republicans (and democrats for that matter) have been in office (the types who you believe have higher moral standards), they've acheived very little actual change. They refuse to deal with any actual issues and simply gain votes through flashy gimmicky policies that force their voters into believing they have to vote to see x policy happen / not happen. Last election cycle, it was Obamacare, which happened to work well for the Republicans. In honesty, the GOP and the Dems are exactly the same, they run on a platform which keeps their core voter base satsfied and are happy just keeping their safe seats and switching presidents every decade or so. The Bush family and the Clinton family are pretty much besties at this point.
    do you not believe that his policy would be to benefit himself and his company? And how can him saying that he has raped women not offend you? Are you so indoctrined that you just go 'banter'?

It's not just that though. If you had a someone with "high moral standards" running on Trump's platform, he would be a literal nobody. But as soon as Trump entered the race, he immediately generated headlines. The way he speaks and his "lack of moral standards" mean that he garners so much attention for the movement. People like him because he's a household figure, he's the macho pimp we all hear about and he's not a politican and he's actually fighting for us.

When you have someone who is as powerful and arrogant as Trump, you have someone who will say his thoughts and not care about the consequences, he is honest. But then you couple that with someone who actually wants to do good, then he is the ultimate weapon against the establishment.

I think it can be summed up best as "He is not the man we want, but the man we need" , he's like a disgusting medicine. Preferably, we would want a Saint to be President, but then he wouldn't get the job done and wouldn't get any votes.
    Do you truly believe that he is speaking his mind? He really isn't, he just decided that his platform should appeal to the far right because people respond to fear more than hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    X

Except he isn't your typical lad at the pub, he's a public figure who is running for the most powerful and important office on the planet. This is actually quite an important difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Oh give dodgy pirate a break. Its NOT RAPE, just a bit of boisterous sexual assault.Not like everyone doesnt do it.... Leftist media is getting it out of proportion.
    wtf is wrong with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    it did come off as peacocking to me, frat boy *******s. It is amazing the kind of **** Hilary is done in comparison and this frat boy *******s could actually end Donnie's campaign.
    Yes, he's like a 20-yr college jock old in the body of a 50-something overweight guy with weird hair.

Really, he's a typical spoilt rich New York preppy kid with a massive ego in no way justified by actual achievement. He dodged the draft, partied his way through his younger years, misbehaved with his Dad's money, he never grew up and now here he is trying to convince the country that he should be President. If it wasn't for the money, he'd be some sad guy sweeping a Walmart car park or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Yes, he's like a 20-yr college jock old in the body of a 50-something overweight guy with weird hair.

Really, he's a typical spoilt rich New York preppy kid with a massive ego in no way justified by actual achievement. He dodged the draft, partied his way through his younger years, misbehaved with his Dad's money, he never grew up and now here he is trying to convince the country that he should be President. If it wasn't for the money, he'd be some sad guy sweeping a Walmart car park or something.
    And he's doing a pretty damn good job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

He's 70. I agree though, without his dads money he would be a nobody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecats12)
    Honestly, he's right. Most guys would say stuff like that as bant. If your in a uni sports team you would have undoubtedly heard stuff like this.
    I repped this because I agree with your last sentence, but the issue is that your average jock in a sports team isn't trying to be leader of the free world...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, alpha male boasting? Alpha males don't boast, their actions does all the talking for them. Also, how can you be alpha if you failed? Just stop, please!

(Original post by W. A. Mozart)
    The media love to paint the 'bad boy Trump' narrative whilst ignoring every single wrong-doing by Hillary Clinton.

Yet again, something Donald Trump did is blown highly out of proportion.
    Hello, Kellyanne.

ReputationRep:
    When I think of an "alpha male", the last person in mind is a gross, temperamental old man who acts like a despicable frat boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaMarin)
    He's 70. I agree though, without his dads money he would be a nobody.
    I was thinking about when he 'recorded' the incriminating tape, but yeah, he's just a pampered upper class NY jerk with wildly little sense and a line in brain dead bar repartee and gentryman badinage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    When I think of an "alpha male", the last person in mind is a gross, temperamental old man who acts like a despicable frat boy.
    But hateful to say that, isn't it? I thought trump was the one who had a bad temperament...

ReputationRep:
    The main question, as somebody living in the UK and getting most of my information from the MSM is, how really disliked is Clinton at home for her to not be roaring away in the poll after him being caught saying this? How much is the true picture not being shown? Trump is despised by millions and we are constantly being shown it in the media, but for what ever reason she cant be far behind him in those stakes, yet that's not the picture being shown.
    I note that nobody is asking how long the Washington Post hung on to this to release it at the most opportune point for Clinton.
    To be honest I would have thought the last week of the race would have been better to give him less time to recover. It leads me to wonder how many other embarrassing things are the holding on to? Being the blowhard that he is, there must be more to come.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.