I feel as if I've missed out on a young romance.

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaMarin)
    you'll never be 15 and in love

lying in your bed on a warm summer night, watching the youtube videos, carelessly chatting on snapchat
    not worrying about rent or bills
    only worry in life is how you're gonna cheat on that maths test on wednesday

Perfectly described

I just edited the things in bold, just to suit the modern society....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Isnt this the sort of needy insecure thread that tou were complaining made you sick?
    Being wistful isn't an insecurity

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by RobML)
    Being wistful isn't an insecurity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I forgot you are different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Oh I forgot you are different.
    ??
    I only asked a question

ReputationRep:
    You should be kinda glad tbh because young romance is actually a waste of time (from experience) and usually doesn't last long unlike a mature relationship where both partners are not mindless and less hormonal.

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done it, overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Why did you 'miss out' if you don't mind me asking?

You surely must have had chances.
    At the ages I speak of I was so awkward and anxious...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Young love can be a beautiful thing. Will never forget how I felt about my boyfriend when I was 16, I was truly head over heels in love. I'm still with him now and I'm 18, our relationship is very, very different and we are as people. But I do feel I would have missed out without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Young romance or romancing the young?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    At the ages I speak of I was so awkward and anxious...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So was I.

I really stood no chance back then.

ReputationRep:
    i had one 'young love' relationship hated it and my next partner was 3 years my senior for that reason
    Spoiler:
    Show
    iin fact very partner or FWB since then has been older my current FWB is 13 years my senior at 34 compared to my 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Am I overromanticising things, or is there something truly unique in falling in love with someone at a young age that adult relationships just don't capture?
    Even a relationship at 17 or so. I'm 22 now, so definitely an old fogie who has not a capacity for massive cuteness any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have sometimes felt like this and I'm 18, I sometimes worry that falling for someone when you're older just isn't as good or exciting but I'm starting to believe that love is love no matter what age you are; just because you're older doesn't make the feelings you experience when you are with someone 'not as exciting' and that 'you've missed out' because it didn't happen when you were younger.

I don't know what exactly makes young love different from ordinary love? I don't know about you but when I was 15 I was perfectly happy without 'young love'; I was having fun with my friends and loving fictional characters. I believe that you have plenty of time to experience love, I think maybe people say that young love is different to adult love is because it was their first relationship, and not the fact it was 'young love' possibly? So when you have your first relationship, it might be more exciting than subsequent relationships? Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    RobML

Is this actually legit? cause I honestly thought you did okay with women.

I'm happy to respond to the thread question, but not sure whether or not to take it seriously yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    RobML

Is this actually legit? cause I honestly thought you did okay with women.

I'm happy to respond to the thread question, but not sure whether or not to take it seriously yet.
    I'm ok with women now, just not back then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'm ok with women now, just not back then
    Fair enough.

In any case, no you're not missing out. I've experienced it, but I can only imagine the most fulfilling relationships happen later on in life. You can still do the stuff you missed out on, so there's really no difference.

ReputationRep:
    Young love seeming better than adult relationships? That's impossible.
    It's not like younger people are at a stage in their lives where they have heightened and uncontrollable hormones or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Teenage love is one of the most horrendous, painful things ever. Be grateful tbh.
    Prsom. It's nice while it lasts but is a ***** that doesn't stop hurting afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Prsom. It's nice while it lasts but is a ***** that doesn't stop hurting afterwards.
    Ten years later I still resent that ****!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.