Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Virus experts of TSR

Announcements

It makes me think those infections were there a long time before the event you suspect.
    Make sure the virus checker you are using is a genuine one and not a piece of malware itself as they often create inflated false reports in an attempt to make you buy something.

ReputationRep:
    I love you AdBlocker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    yes please, I didnt put any of my details or anything i just clicked on the trial one
    I think you should be able to get the free version from this link. Please make sure you fully uninstall and then restart your pc, before clicking on it though, okay??

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/homepage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I think you should be able to get the free version from this link. Please make sure you fully uninstall and then restart your pc, before clicking on it though, okay??

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/homepage
    I already have avg tho, im just on the trial version

ReputationRep:
    I already have avg tho, im just on the trial version
    yes i understand that. however if you don't uninstall it, and then reinstall it from the link i sent you, you won't be able to continue to use it when the trial runs out okay?

ReputationRep:
    yes i understand that. however if you don't uninstall it, and then reinstall it from the link i sent you, you won't be able to continue to use it when the trial runs out okay?
    when I uninstall the programme it there is a button that lets me switch to AVG for free, should I go for that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a self-proclaimed expert on the topic, being an ex-cia-mafia-employed-nsa-linked-anonymous hacker I know what it takes it bypass anti-viruses

You need to install Kasperky AV - It is THE best.

You're welcome :3

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused omg, I may have clicked on something but it was from TSR so it couldnt have been that bad, there were no pop ups but i left like 1 sec after it took me to the website which was blogspot.

So I downloaded AVG and it said 3 threats one was a trojan that can apparently let someone control your PC, then my PC froze because of AVG, didnt let me close AVG.

So I restarted my PC ran a scan with both Malwarebytes and AVG. AVG says 10 threats now and Malware said 800 potential bad things so I will remove all.

RIP MY computer
    They are likely components of the same piece of malware. 800 is not too alarming.

ReputationRep:
    when I uninstall the programme it there is a button that lets me switch to AVG for free, should I go for that?
    Are you saying there is a button, or are you asking hypothetically?

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying there is a button, or are you asking hypothetically?
    I have sorted everything out now, there was button which does what you were telling me to do

ReputationRep:
    I have sorted everything out now, there was button which does what you were telling me to do
    did that fix it then?
    ps you know you can install a pc tune up software with avg zen as well, which is quite good?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.