ever had to call 999?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Last time I called 999 was when this guy from the appartement complex opposite my parents' house locked himself on their balcony. What a muppet haha!

ReputationRep:
    Never!

ReputationRep:
    yeah twice

when someones house was on fire - the woman was screaming from the window, asking me to call the fire brigade for her
    and when i was at my aunts house and heard domestic violence breaking out at the neighbours house next door

ReputationRep:
    Twice. Once when I found my Nan and once when we had a break in at work.

ReputationRep:
    Twice at work, one woman fell off her chair and hit her head causing hemorrhaging in the brain and the other when an elderly lady started having a stroke.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Last time I called 999 was when this guy from the appartement complex opposite my parents' house locked himself on their balcony. What a muppet haha!
    Why didn't he just kick the door in?

It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Nope.

Why didn't he just kick the door in?
    Wavin' the .44?

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.
    Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs

ReputationRep:
    yes, once for a reason i dont want to share. Once because there was a group of boys outside my sixth form jumping a guy and his dad and we told the police the names of the boys.

ReputationRep:
    Called when I was a little kid playing around... learnt my lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Wavin' the .44?
    Only if all you heard was "Poppa don't hit me no more", otherwise it's a bit overkill.

Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs
    Ahh, the plot thickens. Yeah fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Twice
    - a ""friend"" of mine 'collapsed' on the street
    and secondly, a lady at church was having a seizure

ReputationRep:
    I came across some burglars once. Had an awkward conversation on 999 while the burglar stood a few meters away trying to get away over a fence. It was quite hard not to laugh, he took so long to get over the fence that the police showed up while he was still there....

More seriously, I used to work late shifts in London and came across a lot of stuff over the years. I've called 999 and 101 an unfortunately high number of times for quite a wide range of stuff. People seem to have more accidents late at night.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.