Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ever had to call 999? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Last time I called 999 was when this guy from the appartement complex opposite my parents' house locked himself on their balcony. What a muppet haha!

ReputationRep:
    Never!

ReputationRep:
    yeah twice

when someones house was on fire - the woman was screaming from the window, asking me to call the fire brigade for her
    and when i was at my aunts house and heard domestic violence breaking out at the neighbours house next door

ReputationRep:
    Twice. Once when I found my Nan and once when we had a break in at work.

ReputationRep:
    Twice at work, one woman fell off her chair and hit her head causing hemorrhaging in the brain and the other when an elderly lady started having a stroke.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Last time I called 999 was when this guy from the appartement complex opposite my parents' house locked himself on their balcony. What a muppet haha!
    Why didn't he just kick the door in?

It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Nope.

Why didn't he just kick the door in?
    Wavin' the .44?

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.
    Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs

ReputationRep:
    yes, once for a reason i dont want to share. Once because there was a group of boys outside my sixth form jumping a guy and his dad and we told the police the names of the boys.

ReputationRep:
    Called when I was a little kid playing around... learnt my lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Wavin' the .44?
    Only if all you heard was "Poppa don't hit me no more", otherwise it's a bit overkill.

Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs
    Ahh, the plot thickens. Yeah fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Twice
    - a ""friend"" of mine 'collapsed' on the street
    and secondly, a lady at church was having a seizure

ReputationRep:
    I came across some burglars once. Had an awkward conversation on 999 while the burglar stood a few meters away trying to get away over a fence. It was quite hard not to laugh, he took so long to get over the fence that the police showed up while he was still there....

More seriously, I used to work late shifts in London and came across a lot of stuff over the years. I've called 999 and 101 an unfortunately high number of times for quite a wide range of stuff. People seem to have more accidents late at night.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.