Really interesting things that should be seen in London?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm not a Londoner so help me out :P

What are some interesting things people should see? Google is just showing me the London eye -__-
    there's really nothing to do in london. its very dirty and crowded. you will see loads of people walking up and down and you might think they're going to work but im certain they're just walking up and down for fun. my british friends told me that many people living in london don't work. they get free money from the council. so with so much of spare time on their hands they just walk up and down london and head home when its dark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Risobelle)
    there's really nothing to do in london. its very dirty and crowded. you will see loads of people walking up and down and you might think they're going to work but im certain they're just walking up and down for fun. my british friends told me that many people living in london don't work. they get free money from the council. so with so much of spare time on their hands they just walk up and down london and head home when its dark.
    Do you really think the crowds in London are largely made up of people walking around for the lols?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Londoner so help me out :P

What are some interesting things people should see? Google is just showing me the London eye -__-
    hello :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd really recommend Peckham

ReputationRep:
    Kenwood House and a walk across Hampstead Heath
    Tate Britain and Tate Modern
    Westminster Abbey

to add to those listed above*

ReputationRep:
    Morleys

ReputationRep:
    You could go to the imax at Leicester Square? The natural history museum is pretty cool.
    There are also some nice shops on Oxford street but it's always busy af

There are also loads of cool restaurants in London, a few of my faves are Patty & Bun (I think it's in soho), Burger and Lobster (Knightsbridge), Shake Shack (Covent Garden maybe)

This was all I could come up with tbh. You should have a look on Yelp for things to do. Hope you have a great time in London!!

ReputationRep:
    Kyoto Garden

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    hello :facepalm:
    It's not my fault you are too busy for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    I'd really recommend Peckham
    I'm not from a foreign country smh (as I said, I live outside of London) -__- I know what the state of Peckham is. -__-

ReputationRep:
    when I visited London, we went to look around St. Pauls Cathedral (that restaurant where the do First Dates on tv is around that area as well)- it was awesome inside, only downside is your;re not supposed to take photos (even though people did) you can probably get a tour done easily around it if your going around - t may take a bit longer to go round if you go up to the different floors, Harrods is good to look round but if your're a Northerner like me its EXPENSIVE!!! even a normal chocolate bar was like £5 - but go there to get a bag even if thats all you get (the chocolates are amazing), the Science Museum is really good but me and my family took around 2 days to look round nearly all the floors (we still didn't finish all of it), a tour on a london bus would be cool,
    and visiting harry potter world etc,
    there's a lot of good museums in London - London Eye is great - take a camera as well not just your phone as you'll be taking a lot of pictures if you don't get to go there very often

ReputationRep:
    plenty of museums
    madam Tussaud
    tower of London
    London parliament
    Trafalgar square
    Piccadilly circus
    Harrods
    watch a musical/play in the west end somewhere
    shop in oxford street
    boat ride down the river Thames
    bus tour around London
    and of course... the london eye

ReputationRep:
    It's not my fault you are too busy for me
    erm xsqueeeze me -__- I'm here okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Do you really think the crowds in London are largely made up of people walking around for the lols?
    yes definitely. I'm Danish and back home we were always told how hardworking the people in London were and the whole 9 yards but when I was in London it was the exact opposite. Anyways I googled the words 'walking up and down london' and came across a few youtube videos. This one caught my eye cos this were the scenes I saw when I was in London. Start watching from 0:57.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Risobelle)
    yes definitely. I'm Danish and back home we were always told how hardworking the people in London were and the whole 9 yards but when I was in London it was the exact opposite. Anyways I googled the words 'walking up and down london' and came across a few youtube videos. This one caught my eye cos this were the scenes I saw when I was in London. Start watching from 0:57.

It's impossible to ascertain the employment status of the people in the footage just by looking at them, and it's also impossible to conclude that they aren't actually going anywhere or doing anything (other than 'walking around for fun').

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.