I am doing an all nighter wooo

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Risobelle)
    you left it too late. due to lack of time your essays won't be your best pieces of work. i guess you have to learn this lesson the hard way. never leave anything to the last moment. anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Dude i only got them yesterday and i had been doing them since i got home yesterday from college, the only reason it took me long is because he hadn't taught us some of the stuff on the essay so i basically had to do my own learning before i could do them

ReputationRep:
    if you make it past the 2AM mark please tell me what your secret to staying awake is... I tried and failed last year and fell asleep at my desk doing coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    if you make it past the 2AM mark please tell me what your secret to staying awake is... I tried and failed last year and fell asleep at my desk doing coursework
    i got past the 5am mark yesterday the secret is loud rock music and tea

ReputationRep:
    If we didn't have to sleep we'd get so much more done.

ReputationRep:
    I've only actually done an all-nighter-last-minute essay twice...

and oh boy. technically once it was more than an all nighter - it was a series of last-shot days for very difficult courseworks where I'd stay up virtually all night, each day, to get in the last ditch reading material to perhaps do the work.by the end of it, because I had been averaging 10-15 energy drinks PER DAY, I started literally losing my mind - I started to hallucinate as if I had taken just a little bit of LSD, and I couldn't walk straight. that was actually the time I did better than the other time though. on that time, I got a 55% (and to be fair that was amazing because I didn't even know if I'd scrape a 40) and on the other time, I got a straight 40 *only because* I had actually restarted the essay on that same day - so a 40% given that time frame isn't *awful*...

but yeah, all nighters are horrific - don't do them. be safe. do that work on time.

ReputationRep:
    Ah essays, thank god I do maths and never have to do one of those in my life ever. I have done all nighters before, they've been quite fun. I put on loud not rock but edm/house music. It's pretty good feeling powering through work while bopping on your seat high on caffeine and sugar. Don't recommend doing it too often though. Good luck with it though :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    i got past the 5am mark yesterday the secret is loud rock music and tea
    congrats, only thing is did you get the work you wanted to do done?
    I don't like tea / coffee so I'm already doomed for falling asleep

ReputationRep:
    congrats, only thing is did you get the work you wanted to do done?
    I don't like tea / coffee so I'm already doomed for falling asleep
    i did! and well redbull or monster?

i have a song for that ... Doomed by BMTH

ReputationRep:
    I will never do an all nighter this year.

ReputationRep:
    i did! and well redbull or monster?

i have a song for that ... Doomed by BMTH
    nah, I don't really tend to drink etc, I guess al I would need is a fizzy drink, and some hot chocolate to stay awake (doesn't make me tired for some reason) - that helps me study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    If we didn't have to sleep we'd get so much more done.
    its a shame we aren't Sims and all we need is a coffee machine to stay awake or 1 minute relaxing on the sofa

ReputationRep:
    nah, I don't really tend to drink etc, I guess al I would need is a fizzy drink, and some hot chocolate to stay awake (doesn't make me tired for some reason) - that helps me study
    ah fair enough

depends on the drink though...irn bru?

ReputationRep:
    The weirdos are the ones just doing all nighters for no reason...

ReputationRep:
    its a shame we aren't Sims and all we need is a coffee machine to stay awake or 1 minute relaxing on the sofa
    I've tried. It doesn't really work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    The weirdos are the ones just doing all nighters for no reason...
    i use to do it all through highschool for no reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    Ah essays, thank god I do maths and never have to do one of those in my life ever. I have done all nighters before, they've been quite fun. I put on loud not rock but edm/house music. It's pretty good feeling powering through work while bopping on your seat high on caffeine and sugar. Don't recommend doing it too often though. Good luck with it though :P.
    thanks i managed to complete it, yeah it was fun for the first few hours then it was pure regret with a hint of rock music...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    I've only actually done an all-nighter-last-minute essay twice...

and oh boy. technically once it was more than an all nighter - it was a series of last-shot days for very difficult courseworks where I'd stay up virtually all night, each day, to get in the last ditch reading material to perhaps do the work.by the end of it, because I had been averaging 10-15 energy drinks PER DAY, I started literally losing my mind - I started to hallucinate as if I had taken just a little bit of LSD, and I couldn't walk straight. that was actually the time I did better than the other time though. on that time, I got a 55% (and to be fair that was amazing because I didn't even know if I'd scrape a 40) and on the other time, I got a straight 40 *only because* I had actually restarted the essay on that same day - so a 40% given that time frame isn't *awful*...

but yeah, all nighters are horrific - don't do them. be safe. do that work on time.
    jesus christ man

ReputationRep:
    i use to do it all through highschool for no reason
    thug life I guess...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.