Where was your first part-time job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    That's awesome , did they teach you how to look scary and foreboding haha jk.

What's GAME like?
    Actually I'm probably the worst invigilator. But I'm good with the candidates and fast so I guess they like that.
    Game is pretty average compared to any other retail store. You do get to play any game you want that's out but that rarely happens. It's great though, I'm not one to complain. Some people don't have jobs at all.

ReputationRep:
    KFC

ReputationRep:
    A tutor

ReputationRep:
    McDonald's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohan187)
    Actually I'm probably the worst invigilator. But I'm good with the candidates and fast so I guess they like that.
    Game is pretty average compared to any other retail store. You do get to play any game you want that's out but that rarely happens. It's great though, I'm not one to complain. Some people don't have jobs at all.
    Haha, and that's good.

That sounds pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    KFC
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    A tutor
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    McDonald's
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    How was it?
    i LOVED working there. it was so fun lol. ik everyone who worked there it was majority boys so it was a bit boisterous working there but i loved it. we had a good team.

ReputationRep:
    How was it?
    Absolutely boring and frustrating, honestly i feel like smacking the kids, im still doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i LOVED working there. it was so fun lol. ik everyone who worked there it was majority boys so it was a bit boisterous working there but i loved it. we had a good team.
    Cool , it's good that you enjoyed it.
    Did you ever get any outright horrible customers? As I've heard a lot of horror stories from the fast-food industry.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely boring and frustrating, honestly i feel like smacking the kids, im still doing it
    Aww, that sucks , although, what subject is it? Because, if you were trying to teach me Maths, I'd probably frustrate you, sorry lol, I'm so bad at it.

ReputationRep:
    Sports direct during sixth form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that sucks , although, what subject is it? Because, if you were trying to teach me Maths, I'd probably frustrate you, sorry lol, I'm so bad at it.
    I teach everything; Maths, english and science, why how old are you, and why do you hate maths lol

ReputationRep:
    I teach everything; Maths, english and science, why how old are you, and why do you hate maths lol
    Cool

19, and I've always been bad at it, and this may sound really biased, but near enough all my maths teachers have been crap or horrible. Weirdly, I'm alright at Physics haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Sports direct during sixth form :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing by the emoji, it wasn't very good?lol

ReputationRep:
    in a really cute cafe i've been there for nearly 3 years now and its really rubbish pay but free food, drink and i love the people I work with

ReputationRep:
    Cool

19, and I've always been bad at it, and this may sound really biased, but near enough all my maths teachers have been crap or horrible. Weirdly, I'm alright at Physics haha.
    ahah, tbh the older kids are ok like GCSE but the younger ones like year 7 below are annoying lol

ReputationRep:
    ahah, tbh the older kids are ok like GCSE but the younger ones like year 7 below are annoying lol
    Haha I can imagine, younger kids are very annoying. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaliawaters)
    in a really cute cafe i've been there for nearly 3 years now and its really rubbish pay but free food, drink and i love the people I work with
    I'm jealous, I've always wanted to work in a cafe. Was it like in a garden centre or something?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing by the emoji, it wasn't very good?lol
    It wasn't awful but it wasn't that great tbh. The other employees were fun, made a few good friends. But I didn't really like my manager, and the actual job got so dull eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    mine is specsavers still working there and its made me want to become an optician now

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should you wait six months before applying for a graduate job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.