Asians and Arabs

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I'm Kashmiri and know of a Kashmiri guy who married a morroccan girl (that counts as Arab right)? This Arab guy once told me that 'kashmiri's are beautiful' (which I was slightly creeper out by) and that one of his friends is married to a kashmiri woman.
    I personally don't know many Arab's and have never idolised them or whatever (lol people nearly often guess that I'm Arab and I make a point to clarify that I'm not ) but I always hear about how they view Asians as inferior too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    arabs are arrogant af

(Original post by Lord Samosa)
    I've seen it work.

Personally I prefer to stick with Asians. I definitely don't "look up to Arabs", probably the opposite at times, as bad as that is :lol:
    But allot of Asians (usually Pakistanis) tell me they have distant arab origins all the way down to the hijaz. I correct them and say "No, you have overwhelmingly south asian/indian origins". They seem to continue lying to themselves, even when Arabs treat asians and pretty much anyone else like crap.

ReputationRep:
    You could ask this question for any nationality, e.g. why don't Chinese people go for Koreans, why don't Somali's go for Ethiopians, etc etc.

There's no reason. Of course a lot of these marriages do occur. But you won't see it en masse, because generally, humans tend to go for their own.

ReputationRep:
    One girl in my class is half Saudi Arabian and half Chinese. Both of her parents met on pilgrimage and it all escalated from there. They seem pretty happy together.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Massive generalisations, I know, but all in all it tends to be:
    • Arabs look down on Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis
    • Indians look down on Arabs
    • Pakistanis and Bangladeshis look up to Arabs
    maybe the kids, definitely not the parents and especially when it comes to marriage.

ReputationRep:
    If you took religion out of the equation, would there be as much of a culture clash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    maybe the kids, definitely not the parents and especially when it comes to marriage.
    I agree, I think the kids (our generation) see rich sheik's kids on Instagram and other social media and get this glamorised image of Arabs to the point they see them as almost "above" them as humans

ReputationRep:
    Bro - the arabs were known to be racist society - they conquered middle east and part africa and made anyone darker than them to be slaves ( arab slave trade) lots of asians were also conquered by them back in the day; why would they want to marry some muslim now, that was their slave hundred years ago? pakistanis are wannabe arabs thats why they wear burkhas and dishadash, not a good look.
    arabs are obsessed with whites and their money, not asians.
    Though that is true.....most of my family have married Arabs....yeah I Asian. I am Indian Pakistani...my mum is Indian and my dad is Pakistani (they had a love marriage) but yeah even the people in my family who have married Arabs-it was out of love...and nothing else....the way marriage should be.

Edit:
    Though I would prefer if people stuck to their own....it just makes life easier and less of a hassle...

ReputationRep:
    But allot of Asians (usually Pakistanis) tell me they have distant arab origins all the way down to the hijaz. I correct them and say "No, you have overwhelmingly south asian/indian origins". They seem to continue lying to themselves, even when Arabs treat asians and pretty much anyone else like crap.
    Very true!!

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    arabs are arrogant af
    and what have they got to be arrogant about? they arnt as smart as the jews, not as cultured as the persians. they have basically only benefited from sitting on a pool of oil they didnt even know was there till 50 years ago.

i suppose in the muslim world though, asian and african muslims lke pakistanis lookup to them because they hve in part adopted arabic culture, dress language etc. non muslim world doesnt have that hang-up

arabs are arrogant af
    Err...no we're not, but you guys seem to be. You guys better check yourself before you hurt yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Err...no we're not, but you guys seem to be. You guys better check yourself before you hurt yourself.
    everyone agrees arabs are arrogant

ReputationRep:
    Arab and Pakistani marriages do happen every now and then, particularly involving North Africans.
    Arab - Indian Muslim marriages also do happen but are probably a bit less common.
    Arab - Hindu marriages on the other hand are almost non existent.

ReputationRep:
    Arabs and South Asians could have short term flings with girls of any race&/religion. But long term relationships are within their own nationalities.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any couples or relationships between Arabs and Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis).
    Did it work?

Why aren't there more of these relationships considering a lot of them share the same faith and can sometimes relate to each other culturally too; family values, somewhat strict/conservative cultures etc
    I know a handful of interracial marriage, between Pakistanis and Iraqi, Morrocan, Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian and Algerian. It's worked out..I see more Pakistani men marrying Arab women than the other way round. They treat Arabian women like Queens. However I have come across some Arab men who are Pakified and would get along with Asians because some Arab women aren't traditional, as in they aren't used to living with in laws and they are quite harder to please.

everyone agrees arabs are arrogant
    Not true.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.