How can we improve TSR's mobile site?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Thoughts (site not app)
    Oh and PMs - if I reply or forward a PM it loses the quote for the PM I'm replying/forwarding....so forwarding is a waste of time and replying to something long can be awkward because you can't see the PM you're replying to.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, we have got that noted from when you posted the other day.

There is another piece of work to make the blue header stick like on desktop however, so I wanted to see where that has got to before putting the link back as that will solve the problem?
    No. Please don't do this.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, we have got that noted from when you posted the other day.

There is another piece of work to make the blue header stick like on desktop however, so I wanted to see where that has got to before putting the link back as that will solve the problem?
    Either/or - I just want to be able to go back to my homepage when I've read to the end of a thread/page.

I imagine the forever-header might be a bit of a mixed blessing if you're working on a small screen...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the sound of that header idea. I really miss the old footer too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    You'd think, but then you have constant access to your notifications and the menu to hop around the site much more easily. And it doesn't really take up much space

ReputationRep:
    You'd think, but then you have constant access to your notifications and the menu to hop around the site much more easily. And it doesn't really take up much space
    Yeah I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I like the sound of that header. It would be quite handy

ReputationRep:
    Seconded literally every idea that has been suggested so far - they are all problems that I face when using TSR (excluding the subs one, as far as I know there would now be little benefit in subscribing anyway)

Don't like the header idea either for small screens, plus links being removed wasn't great.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think there should be a quota on the amount of private saved messages you can have as its hard to get in contact with people until they delete their excess messages. U need to do this Edo123 kus otherwise i cant text ya lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No. Please don't do this.
    (Original post by PQ)
    Either/or - I just want to be able to go back to my homepage when I've read to the end of a thread/page.

I imagine the forever-header might be a bit of a mixed blessing if you're working on a small screen...
    Just a thought, what if the header doesn't scroll visibly on mobile, but when you scroll back up it reappears rather than scrolling all the way back to the top of the page? Especially bearing in mind we will soon have infinite scroll, which moved the footer and top of the site potentially miles away from you.

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought, what if the header doesn't scroll visibly on mobile, but when you scroll back up it reappears rather than scrolling all the way back to the top of the page? Especially bearing in mind we will soon have infinite scroll, which moved the footer and top of the site potentially miles away from you.
    This is a lot better of an idea I think.

ReputationRep:
    That's a better idea. The header isn't needed all of the time but would take up a lot of space on a small screen

ReputationRep:
    This is a lot better of an idea I think.
    (Original post by Juno)
    That's a better idea. The header isn't needed all of the time but would take up a lot of space on a small screen
    Coolbeans

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.