Your 6 least favourite politicians in the UK

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    1.David cameron-I know hes leaving but still hes an idiot.
    2.Ian duncan smith- another moron
    3.Andrea leadsom- advocates fox hunting
    4.Michael gove- seems like the teachers pet type.Would suck up to anyone.Generally comtemptable.
    5.Theresa may- wants to spy on everyone
    6.George osbourne- need I say more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    If you're going to be a prime minister, there is always the possibility of having to go to war. I'm afraid that Corbyn, being the pacifist he is, who also wants to get rid of our deterrent, would not be able to take us through a situation of that magnitude. I consider him dangerous in that respect.
    The current policy of antagonising russia and bending over to the saudis is much more dangerous tbh.At least corbyn is not a warmonger like so many of our politicians.And getting rid of the deterrent doesn't automatically make one a pacifist.It would be better if we got rid of nukes and used the money to build up conventional forces.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn
    Diane Abbott
    Emily Thornberry
    Angela Eagle
    Alex Sammond
    Caroline Lucas

Honourable mention to George Galloway - he'd have made the list if he hadn't been voted out.

ReputationRep:
    1. Emily Thornberry
    2-6. Any five others

ReputationRep:
    In no particular order:
    - John Mann
    - Simon Danczuk
    - Jacob Rees-Mogg (though I want him to stay purely for comedy value)
    - Jim Allister (though he's just the worst of the NI ultra-righties)
    - Daniel Hannan (generally I don't mind Hannan as much as others on the Tory right, and there's even a couple of things he talks sense on, but his bizarre views on the Balkans ultimately pushed me over the edge)
    - Priti Patel

ReputationRep:
    1) Chuka Umunna
    2) Emily Thornberry
    3) Nicola Sturgeon
    4) Dianne Abott
    5) David Cameron
    6) Douglas Carswell

ReputationRep:
    1. Nigel Farrage
    2. Iain Duncan Smith
    3. Jeremy Hunt
    4. Boris Johnson
    5. Micheal Gove
    6. Liam Fox

These names spring to mind but I'm sure I'd eventually just list almost every politician out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    The current policy of antagonising russia and bending over to the saudis is much more dangerous tbh.At least corbyn is not a warmonger like so many of our politicians.And getting rid of the deterrent doesn't automatically make one a pacifist.It would be better if we got rid of nukes and used the money to build up conventional forces.
    That would mean the concept of mutually-assured destruction (MAD) is no longer applicable, and that we no longer have a very effective deterrence both of other nuclear states and just conventional forces. It's not in national interest to disarm. You can be an idealist and get them removed/decommission them, but what imperative do other nations have to follow suit? It's not realistic.

If you stick to your beliefs, follow your own principles or be an idealist, kudos to you for your conviction, but it's plenty understandable why [many] people don't want them gone.

It's good to get some sort of balance of course, because there are many aspects to the security of a nation, and you might want to intervene internationally and meddle in global affairs/influence global politics (which can also be about security, or money etc. etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    - Daniel Hannan...his bizarre views on the Balkans ultimately pushed me over the edge)
    -
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorschach II)
    That would mean the concept of mutually-assured destruction (MAD) is no longer applicable, and that we no longer have a very effective deterrence both of other nuclear states and just conventional forces. It's not in national interest to disarm. You can be an idealist and get them removed/decommission them, but what imperative do other nations have to follow suit? It's not realistic.

If you stick to your beliefs, follow your own principles or be an idealist, kudos to you for your conviction, but it's plenty understandable why [many] people don't want them gone.

It's good to get some sort of balance of course, because there are many aspects to the security of a nation, and you might want to intervene internationally and meddle in global affairs/influence global politics (which can also be about security, or money etc. etc.)
    MAD is a flawed principle.MAD assumes that leaders of nations would never do anything so mad as to set off nukes.In reality history shows us that there are plenty of people who given the chance would use them regardless of their own destruction.If say Isis got hold of nukes do you think they would have any compunction about using them?They would not care about dying if it meant they could destroy other people. I'm not saying that Isis would ever get them.However there are plenty of governments that share the same mad Islamist ideology.What if saudi Arabia get nukes? Thats not impossible.Iran is viewed to be a threat to them and the USA are allies with them.Its better to get rid of them before some goverment leader gets them, who would actually use them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    ???
    He defended Slobodan Milosevic during his trial. Given that British politicians as a whole, right across the political spectrum, were all too willing to be apologists for Serb nationalism in the 1990s, I'm not making this a decisive issue, but that Hannan did it during the trial was just that extra nudge that pushed him onto the top 6 list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    If you're going to be a prime minister, there is always the possibility of having to go to war. I'm afraid that Corbyn, being the pacifist he is, who also wants to get rid of our deterrent, would not be able to take us through a situation of that magnitude. I consider him dangerous in that respect.
    Pacifism - Standing on top of a mountain called the moral high ground, preaching while armies below you slaughter each other and their civilians.

Just look at Syria, people wanted the US to stop meddling and instead we now see Russia on the scene.

The world may not like the west acting as a police force but it damn well needs it.

ReputationRep:
    1. Michael Gove - Absolutely hated him when he was Minister for Education
    2. Nick Clegg - Broke his promise on student tuition fees. Yes it was a while ago now but still
    3. Boris Johnson - Yes he comes out with weird things that make him loveable, but to have that as a legitimate politician?
    4. Jeremy Hunt - Need I explain?
    5. George Osborne - A clinical moron
    6. The guy in UKIP who claimed that the winter storms (or flooding? I can't remember) was down to the gays

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that the thread was restricted to MPs etc. 😵😳

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn
    Diane Abbott (by far my most hated politician)
    Emily Thornberry
    Nicola Sturgeon
    John McDonnell
    Nigel Farage
    Natalie Bennett
    IDS
    Jacob Rees-Mogg (for his social views, other than that he's alright)

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron
    Nigel Farage
    George Osbourne
    Michael Gove
    Boris Johnson
    Jeremy Hunt
    Theresa May
    Maggie Thatcher (not a current MP but how can you not pick her)

I know it's more than 6 but there's just so many to choose from

ReputationRep:
    Amber Rudd
    Nigel Farage
    Jeremy Hunt
    George Osborne
    Nicola Sturgeon
    That pig fancier... What's his name again?

ReputationRep:
    1.) McDonnell (hypocrite, claims he's an pacifist (CND) yet frequently advocates violence)

2.) Diane Abbott (again hypocrite, claims she's anti racist yet she's racist to white people)

3.) Jeremy Corbyn (surprise surprise, another hypocrite, claims he represents the working class yet lives a luxurious middle class intelligentsia lifestyle (although not as bad as the above two))

4.) Nicola Sturgeon (doesn't seem to understand that the Scottish people voted "no" in 2014)

5.) Nigel Farage (blames everything on immigrants, another racist)

6.) Chris Grayling (boring in speeches and generally incompetent in his various cabinet roles)

ReputationRep:
    Diane Abbott
    ANYONE from the SNP
    Anna Soubry
    Ken Clarke
    Emily Thornberry
    Neil Hamilton

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.