The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The British people are unattractive stereotype.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot002
It is a stereotype, I've seen it a lot of times on the internet.

Care to back it up?
It's an old American stereotype (same goes for teeth), from back when our famous people were famous because of talent, not looks.
Obviously an ignorant stereotype, but

That said the most popular google search term about the British/ UK is
'Why are the British so ugly?'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/the-most-googled-questions-about-britain-in-europe/
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Care to back it up?

-_-

Just comments throughout the internet on image boards and Facebook that say how british are ugly and those comments are normally top comments.
It's just the white people, if it wasn't for the coloured people UK would be pure ugly.
I never knew english people had an "ugly" stereotype other than the no lip thing. There are ALOT of pretty english/white girls at my high school and a few good looking guys too.

Original post by TreeFellOnMe

Even today I'm amazed at how many fit attractive people there are here if you just talk a walk through the busy parts of London.

london is probably one of the most multicultural parts of the UK...

Original post by drowzee
All races have beautiful people :h:

british isn't a race
Original post by alkaline.
british isn't a race

Yes I know, and I know it's not an ethnicity either. I just thought it would be easier to use the term "race" rather than nationality, since it makes more sense when referring to beauty (in my head).
Reply 27
obviously rubbish

every country has its good looking people and not so good looking people

and i've seen plenty of british guys and girls who are good looking
-_-

Just comments throughout the internet on image boards and Facebook that say how british are ugly and those comments are normally top comments.

And the assumption is, is that I wouldn't find the comments about people of any other ethnicity? Because if I do, then it just shows it's natural for people to have preferences for various ethnicities - which would go against there being a widespread stereotype soley focused on Britons.
Just gonna leave gemma hayes here :perv:

Original post by alkaline.
london is probably one of the most multicultural parts of the UK...

Doesn't really change anything, White British is the most popular ethnicity still, and it's rather easy to tell who is or isn't once you've met a number of internationals.
I feel like this comes from countries who put fluoride in their water. Most comments are made about our teeth.
Original post by Akamega
British guys are incredibly attractive. Relatively tall, decent bone structure, normally blue eyes of some sort. British women however...

Ahem. Tuppence Middleton?
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Just gonna leave gemma hayes here :perv:

Meh.

I like Karen Gillan better. I'm a sucker for gingers.
absolute sex gods
Original post by retro_turtles
absolute sex gods

Oh my god, I can't control myself laughing. My sides.

XD
Original post by retro_turtles
absolute sex gods

Great, you've given me the serial killer giggles now.

Basically everytime this pops/ is gonna pop into my head I'm gonna randomly laugh awkwardly and look like a lunatic.
Great, you've given me the serial killer giggles now.

Basically everytime this pops/ is gonna pop into my head I'm gonna randomly laugh awkwardly and look like a lunatic.

Lol you're welcome but being hot isn't a laughing matter... we must commend them!

:colonhash: Great nice to know UK is ........... :emo:
Meh.

I like Karen Gillan better. I'm a sucker for gingers.

Because of the hair?

Gemma is a 9/10 at least :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending