Are brexiters the new immigrates?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You do know that literally makes no sense...
    It's possible to be foreign "looking" whilst being legally British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's possible to be foreign "looking" whilst being legally British.
    Looking foreign isn't being foreign and so prejudice against them isn't xenophobia, maybe racism (given that generally if you look non English you're probably part of at least a different subrace), but not xenophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking foreign isn't being foreign and so prejudice against them isn't xenophobia, maybe racism (given that generally if you look non English you're probably part of at least a different subrace), but not xenophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't understand prejudice if you think it has to be logically coherent. A Polish shop owner can still be attacked by a Britain First xenophobe even if that Pole was born in England and is legally as British as you or me. The attack is motivated by xenophobia (among other things). Far right think our laws are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You don't understand prejudice if you think it has to be logically coherent. A Polish shop owner can still be attacked by a Britain First xenophobe even if that Pole was born in England and is legally as British as you or me. The attack is motivated by xenophobia (among other things). Far right think our laws are wrong.
    If they're second generation then they aren't Polish, thus not foreign, thus its not xenophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "immigrates"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Brexiters are xenophobic even to other British people.
    I would much rather be worse off in the pocket then to be in a minority and we are heading this way,in my area 50% of 0-4 year olds are non British. The opening poster will be happy for us to be outnumbered in our own country. Housing prices are on there way down which is good news for many people who are trying to buy houses- with current immigration levels we need to build a house every 4 minutes or demand exceeds supply and affordable housing is not viable. The pound is currently weak which is good for our manufacturing but bad for importing but companies who do not wish to co-operate with us we should no longer buy from for example unilever I would have blocked our companies buying from them so they are left with a load of stock they will struggle to sell and it will also devalue the current stock because the supply gains on the demand for the product therefore making it cheaper. The person to blame is Ted Heath for taking us into the European union in the first place the only thing which the ordinary person got from the EU was foreign neigbours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBigMan2)
    I would much rather be worse off in the pocket then to be in a minority and we are heading this way,in my area 50% of 0-4 year olds are non British. The opening poster will be happy for us to be outnumbered in our own country. Housing prices are on there way down which is good news for many people who are trying to buy houses- with current immigration levels we need to build a house every 4 minutes or demand exceeds supply and affordable housing is not viable. The pound is currently weak which is good for our manufacturing but bad for importing but companies who do not wish to co-operate with us we should no longer buy from for example unilever I would have blocked our companies buying from them so they are left with a load of stock they will struggle to sell and it will also devalue the current stock because the supply gains on the demand for the product therefore making it cheaper. The person to blame is Ted Heath for taking us into the European union in the first place the only thing which the ordinary person got from the EU was foreign neigbours.
    If production and import costs go up the shortfall needs to come from somewhere, it's not a question of companies not "co-operating" with us(co-operation meaning price freezes despite increased overheads because of Brexit).

On a side note Unilever are partly just milking the situation as a lot of there products are made in the UK but the point remains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    If production and import costs go up the shortfall needs to come from somewhere, it's not a question of companies not "co-operating" with us(co-operation meaning price freezes despite increased overheads because of Brexit).

On a side note Unilever are partly just milking the situation as a lot of there products are made in the UK but the point remains.
    Id refuse to do a deal with them and let them lose out more so if they took a hit on the conversion rates- It will soon bring them into check. The marmite one took the biscuit- marmite is only beef extract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Brexit has been great for me as well my **** has grown by 4 inches since the referendum. Last week I was in Vegas and these 8.5 - 9.5 /10 babes were literally throwing themselves at me now that I'm a citizen of an independent sovereign nation, Donald Trump came over and bro fisted me out of respect.
    I had gold I had bought around late may at £825 an oz (lowest price of the quarter give how hot the market was) as well as the gold my clients owned and I was reselling on commission as I have a dealer who comes over from Saudi for gold if I have something great for him which this haul was a total of a little over 33kilos in coins and bars and I took a 3% commission when I sold the lot when the market was at £1,030 an oz for a total of £900,000 in cash (about £850 an oz) and I got £27,000 along with my own cash for my holdings (a little over 8oz that i bought mostly on a loan)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Before Brexit, Brexiters blame everything on immigrates, from lack of jobs to crimes and people not speaking English.

Now that the economy is going downhill fast, more racists attacks, inflation and looming job loses due to Brexit, will Brexiters be blamed for all these things and even things that have nothing to do with them.
    In general, few people take responsibility for their misdeeds.

ReputationRep:
    You are living in cloud cookko land if you think Britain don't have to deal with the results of Brexit one of which is higher inflation due to the fall in the pound.

I was under the impression that Brexiters wanted to take back sovereignty and be responsible for our own actions, you seem to think anything bad after Brexit is none of our business, wake up and smell the coffee.

Boycotting a company's products is fine as long as you know Unilever is an Anglo Dutch that employs thousands of people in Britain and they will be the ones losing their jobs if British people stopped buying their products.

Ted Heath did not get Britain into the Common Market, he gave a democratic choice to the British people and they chose to enter the CM all by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You are living in cloud cookko land if you think Britain don't have to deal with the results of Brexit one of which is higher inflation due to the fall in the pound.

I was under the impression that Brexiters wanted to take back sovereignty and be responsible for our own actions, you seem to think anything bad after Brexit is none of our business, wake up and smell the coffee.

Boycotting a company's products is fine as long as you know Unilever is an Anglo Dutch that employs thousands of people in Britain and they will be the ones losing their jobs if British people stopped buying their products.

Ted Heath did not get Britain into the Common Market, he gave a democratic choice to the British people and they chose to enter the CM all by themselves.
    Unilever would always end up worse off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    ethnicities aren't races though. look up the definition.
    ethnicities can be totally arbitrary too - you might say that scots are "an ethnicity" even though their DNA is fundamentally identical to english DNA. oh what, so poles have...different faces, or something? they're still white people. all white people have different faces as well. with logic like yours I'm shocked as to why gingers aren't considered an ethnicity and therefore a race to you because they have minute little differences in their appearance regardless of their skin
    But Slavs are literally a different race to Western germanic/nordic whites

ReputationRep:
    Unilever would always end up worse off
    Britain has already ended up worse off. Do you really think only one company will raise its prices because of the falling pound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

No he didn't- Wilson's government gave the referendum, and if people knew about the immigration they would of voted out in 1975

ReputationRep:
    The British economy is not "going downhill fast". The independent agencies that predicted recessions are reporting positive growth and continued reductions in unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    No he didn't- Wilson's government gave the referendum, and if people knew about the immigration they would of voted out in 1975
    Who cares if it was Wilson or Heath. If people had known about all the lies, the inflation and the threat to jobs, they won't have voted for Brexit.

I noticed you have not responded to my post of more companies raising prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Who cares if it was Wilson or Heath. If people had known about all the lies, the inflation and the threat to jobs, they won't have voted for Brexit.

I noticed you have not responded to my post of more companies raising prices.
    I think the government should block them if they try and hold us to ransom-bring some British brands in and "fcuk them off"

ReputationRep:
    I think the government should block them if they try and hold us to ransom-bring some British brands in and "fcuk them off"
    The Britsih government is in enough trouble with the market and companies to try to influence a big company like Unilever. May is bending over backwards to appease Nissan and any other large company that threatens to leave Britain.

Brexiters have to face up to the fact they can't vote for one thing and expect everything else to go their way. There are upsides and downsides and inflation is the downside.

So stop acting like you weren't warned about the downsides and deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    If they're second generation then they aren't Polish, thus not foreign, thus its not xenophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the owner of a Polish shop, with Polish ancestry and I assume some cultural identification, is attacked... then what would you call it?
    I would say it has roots in xenophobia...?

It appears that people may perceive you to be of a different group, even if the reality is to the contrary.

Being English and half Moroccan, some xenophobic English would say I'm not truly English - when in reality I'm just as much English as they are.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.