The Student Room Group

Black woman doctor on flight dismissed as passenger chokes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I must be dripping in privilege.

Yep, its institutionalised. Enjoy it.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Well said dude, but also props for your profile pic; love it.

shows bears™ in a bad light... wastebearz :angry:
Original post by dropoutbear
Yep, its institutionalised. Enjoy it.

If I could milk enough out of my nipples, I'd give you some but alas I'm shooting blanks.

I think I must have spent all my privileges on free PG tips.
Original post by Addie_
it being in America means she may very well have struggled financially since it is very expensive and an extra long course

Very good point. In America they have to do a four-year undergraduate liberal arts or science degree before they can go to medical school; then they can commence their medical degree but that's another four years and spending around $200,000 to $300,000 (or rather, taking that on in debt). She will have had to work very long, very hard and at great cost to take up this profession.

But really, this just acts as motivation for me to prove those racists wrong, and she should still be very proud of everything she has overcome and achieved :smile:

Good on you :smile: We need more people like you. Best of luck with it.

Also, isn't it interesting how this flight attendant was looking down on the doctor lady; the doctor is much smarter, much more accomplished and (not that this should be a measure of worth, but) much wealthier than she is. This woman has succeeded in all the ways our society applauds, and yet the ignorant flight attendant is so patronising that she looks down on her. The upshot is that when she is in her 60s, the flight attendant will probably have been turfed out of the airline industry for being too old while the doctor will be a respected senior figure in her field, going to medical conferences and being appreciated for her discoveries. Hopefully in the end that makes up for and evens out the ludicrous unfairness of what happened here.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I could milk enough out of my nipples, I'd give you some but alas I'm shooting blanks.

I think I must have spent all my privileges on free PG tips.

your privilege is for life, as usual, you dont wanna acknowledge and think you can relate to the struggles of people of colout.
your privilege is for life, as usual, you dont wanna acknowledge and think you can relate to the struggles of people of colout.

Mmm, more salt to go with my milky white privilege.
Mmm, more salt to go with my milky white privilege.

Careful though, salt can cause dehydration so dont add the salt and embrace the privilege. As usual, have a complete disregard for non whites.
Careful though, salt can cause dehydration so dont add the salt and embrace the privilege. As usual, have a complete disregard for non whites.

Where is your evidence for all your claims about white privilege?

Watch this, might give you a different perspective on things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI5LeFo1EJU
Original post by TooFocused
Where is your evidence for all your claims about white privilege?

Watch this, might give you a different perspective on things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI5LeFo1EJU

lol. ben shapiro. he worked for breitbart so no thank you.

How about you watch a documentary like "13th".

White privilege exists period.
lol. ben shapiro. he worked for breitbart so no thank you.

How about you watch a documentary like "13th".

White privilege exists period.

What a surprise that you responded like that. It's a shame you cannot open your mind to alternative opinions, but then I wasn't really expecting anything more. Way to evidence your claims too, but that's fine keep living in your circle-jerking echo chamber.
Reply 30
I hope the ***** chokes and a black doctor refuses to help her because she's white

Spoiler

It was just a prank bro, I'm actually 5% African.
It was just a prank bro, I'm actually 5% African.

and im 5.231% white to 3dp
and im 5.231% white to 3dp

Wow... check your privilege!
What a surprise that you responded like that. It's a shame you cannot open your mind to alternative opinions, but then I wasn't really expecting anything more. Way to evidence your claims too, but that's fine keep living in your circle-jerking echo chamber.

This was never an argument since you chose to link a video.

And why does the alt right/right think theyve been enlightened? lol.
Wow... check your privilege!

Yes, im ashamed of it.
This was never an argument since you chose to link a video.

And why does the alt right/right think theyve been enlightened? lol.

I thought you might find it interesting as an alternate viewpoint since you kept going on about "white privilege". I'm not sure about enlightened... personally I like to think objectively about ideas and evidence my beliefs. I was just interested in the evidence you had for what you were saying.
I thought you might find it interesting as an alternate viewpoint since you kept going on about "white privilege". I'm not sure about enlightened... personally I like to think objectively about ideas and evidence my beliefs. I was just interested in the evidence you had for what you were saying.

As i said, the only evidence that you have given against white privilege is a video. So if you dont give me the courtesy of stating your points, ill return the favour.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=white+privilege

M.L King would be disgusted with the men and women rioting in that video.
Reply 39
Where's the evidence that the flight attendant believed she wasn't a real doctor because of her race?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending