D'aww! Adorable little monkey thing

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Too much adorableness :emo: :emo: :emo:

There's something about monkeys that always gets to me a little, I think it's because I see such human-like processing in their little faces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    Lol the face kinda looks creepy XD.
    Nooo! Why? He doesn't look creepy at all, he's just different.

What about the Japanese snow monkeys all chill in the steam baths? That's pretty cool, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    The fact that you don't eat bush meat doesn't mean people in general don't eat it. Have you ever been back to (I'm guessing Kenya, maybe, Fill me in)

I spent five weeks travelling through Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique, hiking and driving in *****y little busses and stopping in at tiny little towns. I saw a lot of bush meat in the markets.
    Somali people dont eat bushmeat we eat fish (obviously) and goat and lamb as well as chicken.
    I cant speak on behalf of the other countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Too much adorableness :emo: :emo: :emo:

There's something about monkeys that always gets to me a little, I think it's because I such human-like processing in their little faces.
    Exactly, their eyes are so soulful and it's so easy to see ourselves in them. And what about those Japanese snow monkeys chillaxin' in the steam baths? That's so cool, it makes them seem so much our distant kin (not so much seem as are, I suppose)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Somali people dont eat bushmeat we eat fish (obviously) and goat and lamb as well as chicken.
    I cant speak on behalf of the other countries
    Yeah you're right about the Islamic parts of east Africa, eating monkey is haram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibibibin)
    How are primates more deserving of protection than other animals. How is a chicken an inferior life form. Is it all simply because you find monkeys cute and you don't find chickens cute? What a pathetic argument.

Yeah you are better not to get involved in a 'pointless internet debate' as you will just be shown up for the absolute idiot you are.
    Are you a vegetarian?

By that logic, you'd give a lion the same value as a rat?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, their eyes are so soulful and it's so easy to see ourselves in them. And what about those Japanese snow monkeys chillaxin' in the steam baths? That's so cool, it makes them seem so much our distant kin (not so much seem as are, I suppose)

So much love for them too! :love:

You've got me googling cute species of monkeys now. Although I've no idea why you're being so heavily criticised for showing some appreciation for a particular animal, typical TSR :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    All you talk about is complete BS. You just talk right out of your pathetic arse.

HYPOCRITE.
    :lol: You clearly have issues around dealing with frustration. You sound like you're 14. Anyway, this conversation is futile so I will add you to my ignore list.

You have a disease called stupidity
    Stupidity isn't a disease. That's something only a stupid person would say, though I suppose your intellectual deficits were already entirely clear from your clunky, unlettered prose style and the way you get angry and frustrated when trying to express moderately complex ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a vegetarian?

By that logic, you'd give a lion the same value as a rat?
    Maybe.

Suffering is suffering no matter what species it is.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: You clearly have issues around dealing with frustration. You sound like you're 14. Anyway, this conversation is futile so I will add you to my ignore list.
    Lol you not going tocontinue this conversation because you know jusy how much of a hypocrite you are and anyone looking at this rationally will see how weak your arguments are. You didn't even try and address any of the points I raised in the previous comments because you know what I said was right.

YOU HYPOCRITE

Stupidity isn't a disease. That's something only a stupid person would say, though I suppose your intellectual deficits were already entirely clear from your clunky, unlettered prose style and the way you get angry and frustrated when trying to express moderately complex ideas.
    Wow you actually took that comment literally? That proves just how stupid you are.

So not only are you a hypocrite but you are also a stupid hypocrite. Congratulations you stupid hypocrite.

ReputationRep:

You've got me googling cute species of monkeys now. Although I've no idea why you're being so heavily criticised for showing some appreciation for a particular animal, typical TSR :rolleyes:
    He is being criticised because he thinks he can dictate to people in other countries not to eat an animal but he eats animals himself.

I wonder how he would react if a vegetarian/vegan tried to tell him to stop eating animals. He would lose his **** ' WAHHH WAHHH STOP PUSHING YOUR OPINION ON ME YOU TREE BOY WAHHHHH WAHHH YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO EAT. NOW EXCUSE WHILE I TELL OTHERS WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T EAT,'

Hypocrites like that ****ing disgust me.

ReputationRep:

You've got me googling cute species of monkeys now.
    I love cute animals, it's one of the internet's best uses** (see below)

Although I've no idea why you're being so heavily criticised for showing some appreciation for a particular animal, typical TSR :rolleyes:
    For some reason whenever you post almost anything on TSR, there are unhappy people ready to attack for any idiotic reason. They mistake their tendency to kneejerk criticism for some kind of intellectual substance.

**Speaking of cute animals, have you seen otters? They are the cutest little beasts; they have such delightful little snouts and paws. They mostly dine on juicy fish and succulent crabs

ReputationRep:

To add to the delightful otter pics above, here is an otter eating. Look how he uses his little hand! They're extremely clever little beggars, I went to this sanctuary in California where you can swim with them, and they are so playful and mischievous. Anyway, here's a video of one eating (hilarious how he stops eating halfway through the video... I don't know why) and I'll see if I can find a video from the sanctuary, it's really worth watching

ReputationRep:
    Lol you not going tocontinue this conversation because you know jusy how much of a hypocrite you are and anyone looking at this rationally will see how weak your arguments are. You didn't even try and address any of the points I raised in the previous comments because you know what I said was right.

YOU HYPOCRITE

Wow you actually took that comment literally? That proves just how stupid you are.

So not only are you a hypocrite but you are also a stupid hypocrite. Congratulations you stupid hypocrite.
    You obviously have anger management issues. I wouldn't be doing you any favours by continuing to engage with you when it clearly causes you to become so distressed. I'd suggest logging off TSR, otherwise you're just going to wind yourself up.

ReputationRep:

I found a video of the otter sanctuary, fast forward to around 50 seconds in to see the mischievous otters. Anyway I'll stop bombarding you with cuteness now.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously have anger management issues. I wouldn't be doing you any favours by continuing to engage with you when it clearly causes you to become so distressed. I'd suggest logging off TSR, otherwise you're just going to wind yourself up.
    I just don't like hypocrites that's all.

ReputationRep:
    My dad had a baby monkey when he was in India, (I know someone will say that is controversial and they belong in the wild etc etc but idc) he took really good care of it and showed it so much love. The baby monkey became really loyal to my dad and would sit near him when he went to sleep and not let my mum near him. I find that hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    My dad had a baby monkey when he was in India, (I know someone will say that is controversial and they belong in the wild etc etc but idc) he took really good care of it and showed it so much love. The baby monkey became really loyal to my dad and would sit near him when he went to sleep and not let my mum near him. I find that hilarious.
    Aww, that's a lovely story. But what happened to the monkey?

I disagree when people say, "Wild animals should never be kept by humans". At one time dogs and cats were wild; why should the list of animals that are wild vs domesticated be frozen for all time? Maybe 5,000 years from now there will be domesticated otters. They do have domesticated foxes now (though they are very expensive; around £5,000)

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that's a lovely story. But what happened to the monkey?

I disagree when people say, "Wild animals should never be kept by humans". At one time dogs and cats were wild; why should the list of animals that are wild vs domesticated be frozen for all time? Maybe 5,000 years from now there will be domesticated otters. They do have domesticated foxes now (though they are very expensive; around £5,000)
    This was a long time ago, my dad used to stay in India for quite long periods but then he had to come back to England, and obviously couldn't bring her back home so some family members back in India took care of her. The monkey did die eventually of old age.

My mum told me that he once ordered crates full of fruit to feed her, and she ate a bit too much I'm guessing and then pooped all over the nice blankets my dad had put in her basket thing for her to sleep in.

I agree, I believe humans can keep wild animals if they have the ability too. I mean, I would say my dad took better care of her than a zoo would have done, especially in India where monkeys are made a spectacle of (which I disagree with entirely).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.