Does this count as rape?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why is the said female an idiot?
    well she isn't really, depends on the context. i do think that young men who have never been taught what rape is and get led on by a woman are in a terrifically unfair position, where their biology says "go go go" and nothing they've learned in life has taught them to behave otherwise.

the instinct to reproduce is easily manipulated and is almost as strong as the instinct to eat. this has to be put into consideration.

(Original post by Mistletoe)
    well she isn't really, depends on the context. i do think that young men who have never been taught what rape is and get led on by a woman are in a terrifically unfair position, where their biology says "go go go" and nothing they've learned in life has taught them to behave otherwise.

the instinct to reproduce is easily manipulated and is almost as strong as the instinct to eat. this has to be put into consideration.
    the girl didnt lead him on, she made it clear she didnt want sex but they could make out and stuff

(Original post by Profesh)
    I found myself in much the same scenario several years ago: I stopped, of course, because I'm not a rapist. Assuming you're not confident of your ability to overcome those same urges, perhaps you should consider avoiding women altogether; although frankly, if you're the already the sort of person who would actually pose such a question—even hypothetically—then I suspect they'll save you the trouble.
    im female

ReputationRep:
    the girl didnt lead him on, she made it clear she didnt want sex but they could make out and stuff
    as far as I understand he was "on top of her" before she said no, which means she allowed him to get on top of her without freaking out and asking him what the hell is going on. it is not usual behaviour for human being to be on top of each other.

ReputationRep:
    Try watching that video relating making tea to consensual sex by the British police.

as far as I understand he was "on top of her" before she said no, which means she allowed him to get on top of her without freaking out and asking him what the hell is going on. it is not usual behaviour for human being to be on top of each other.
    you can make out with a guy and him behind on top of you and you on your back. ive done it with other guys in the past

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, this really shouldn't have to be pointed out, but "not freaking out" DOES NOT EQUAL CONSENT

ReputationRep:
    Are you f****king kidding me?

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Are you f****king kidding me?
    why?

ReputationRep:
    why?
    Your question is the equivalent to 'Is water wet? Is fire hot?'

Your question is the equivalent to 'Is water wet? Is fire hot?'
    im just confused with the whole situation

ReputationRep:
    was trying to figure out if its rape or not

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/1

ReputationRep:
    im just confused with the whole situation
    Why?

Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LapizLazuliStar)
    Ffs, this really shouldn't have to be pointed out, but "not freaking out" DOES NOT EQUAL CONSENT
    yes but he is potentially facing a crown court conviction and i am playing devil's advocate because i enjoy it.

yes but he is potentially facing a crown court conviction and i am playing devil's advocate because i enjoy it.
    im choosing not to report it so it wont get to that

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter if she let him on top of her, she said no, and it he entered inside her it's rape.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    it's worth giving him a fright, of some kind, so he doesn't do it again. i'll let your creative faculties decide what that might entail.

ReputationRep:
    While I absolutely respect your decision, a total lack of punishment for this guy might lead him to think that what he did was alright, and to go on and do it again to another girl.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.