Months left to live....

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If I were you I would travel the world and see the countries you want to see most and do everything you ever wanted to but couldn't because of money, get a loan if you can. Make the most out of life live as if everyday was the last. And never say no to anythign you want to do, as you might as well do it you have little to lose. Enjoy your life. I know this is really hard for you, i feel real sympathy for you. Dont let this stop you from living your life, to the fullest to the last minute.
    I do fancy travelling the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and have cancer. I got told today that it spread and there's nothing else no one can do.

(Original post by Tw1x)
    I'd love to give you a hug I assume (being on a student website) you're fairly young, life is so unfair at times.
    To be honest, I don't know what I'd do; I'd want to quit my jobs and go some places etc. but in reality it probably wouldn't happen. Just spend as much time with my nearest and dearest, make all occasions the best ever
    Good point.

ReputationRep:
    Good point.
    I wish you all the best. Is there no other (possible) options for you?

(Original post by hamza772000)
    Aww this made me cry

(Original post by Tw1x)
    I wish you all the best. Is there no other (possible) options for you?
    None at all

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about this i cant comprehend what you are going through hope you are ok
    Eat what you want and drink what you want and do what you want
    Help others with early diagnosis
    Try to make a legacy of your life
    stay positive - i know this will be f*****g hard !
    think about what you have learned in life and start a blog
    in summary just try to get as many experiences as you physically can and maby start some fund raiser to help others in your situation !
    Do you have any dreams eg driving a lambo lol - sure there are lots of people who would be happy to help
    we all going to die with russia and usa nuking each other so will all be joining you soon
    stay positive and enjoy the life you still have

ReputationRep:
    Aww this made me cry
    Aww :hugs: It's acc really sad to read this and brings a tear to my eye, noone deserves to be in such a position, I can't even imagine how I'd feel in that position And the fact that you have the courage to tell people about it is just amazing, you're great man! I hope you really cherish these last months :cry2: Really makes me think about how ungrateful I am

ReputationRep:
    None at all
    I don't want to get all preachy on you or anything but just don't give up and waste what time you have left. Some people pass their allocated length of time by quite a stretch. Just live everyday in the moment, make brilliant memories and spend quality time with people you love and care about. Make the most of every moment and I wish you absolutely all the best

ReputationRep:
    If i was given that long to live i would limit how i spend my time to doing only what i REALLY enjoy.
    So sad to hear that. I hope you stay happy for as long as possible (sorry if that sounded nasty, i really don't mean it that way)

ReputationRep:
    Remember just because you know when you are going to die, doesn't make you any different. Someone with nothing wrong with them could go out and die tomorrow in an accident.However I am really sorry, I hope you are not in pain.Do what you love, live impulsively, sky dive, travel if you can, kiss strangers do ridiculous things you wouldn't usually would not do , embarrass yourself, cry, smile.I hope these last 8 months are going to be the best . Remember we all are one being, on earth, have been and always will be. You lived, you smiled, cried and laughed. How amazing ? All the best
    xx

(Original post by Senseireynolds)
    So sorry to hear about this i cant comprehend what you are going through hope you are ok
    Eat what you want and drink what you want and do what you want
    Help others with early diagnosis
    Try to make a legacy of your life
    stay positive - i know this will be f*****g hard !
    think about what you have learned in life and start a blog
    in summary just try to get as many experiences as you physically can and maby start some fund raiser to help others in your situation !
    Do you have any dreams eg driving a lambo lol - sure there are lots of people who would be happy to help
    we all going to die with russia and usa nuking each other so will all be joining you soon
    stay positive and enjoy the life you still have
    All that sounds like such a good idea.

Aww :hugs: It's acc really sad to read this and brings a tear to my eye, noone deserves to be in such a position, I can't even imagine how I'd feel in that position And the fact that you have the courage to tell people about it is just amazing, you're great man! I hope you really cherish these last months :cry2: Really makes me think about how ungrateful I am
    I'm not strong at all. I'm a woman haha. I'm sure you're not ungrateful.

(Original post by Toasticide)
    If i was given that long to live i would limit how i spend my time to doing only what i REALLY enjoy.
    So sad to hear that. I hope you stay happy for as long as possible (sorry if that sounded nasty, i really don't mean it that way)
    It doesn't sound nasty I'll stay happy while I can.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not strong at all. I'm a woman haha. I'm sure you're not ungrateful.
    Well, you still have courage

Oh, crap, sorry

I am, a lot of people take life for granted :emo:

(Original post by Floral-Eden)
    Remember just because you know when you are going to die, doesn't make you any different. Someone with nothing wrong with them could go out and die tomorrow in an accident.However I am really sorry, I hope you are not in pain.Do what you love, live impulsively, sky dive, travel if you can, kiss strangers do ridiculous things you wouldn't usually would not do , embarrass yourself, cry, smile.I hope these last 8 months are going to be the best . Remember we all are one being, on earth, have been and always will be. You lived, you smiled, cried and laughed. How amazing ? All the best
    xx
    Thank you I will do xx

Well, you still have courage

Oh, crap, sorry

I am, a lot of people take life for granted :emo:
    It's okay haha and I guess we do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so so so sorry.
    I really hope you have the best 8 months of your life, I hope you're not in too much pain. Do everything and anything you want to do, you can still live the life you want x

Hey,

So I've been given eight months left to live.

What would you do if you got this news? Any activities you would do?
    get a bunch of credit cards. Max them out on holiday, you can't pay back money if you aren't alive.

Have the time of your life!

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry to hear this :console: well id say sort any problems you had with anyone & if you have borrowed money or anything then sort that out! Then id say do what you enjoy! & i wish you the best of luck but such sad news

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.