Instruments you play

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Ukulele, guitar, and the flute (not to a very high standard). I also used to play the djembe drum I really want to learn piano and a brass instrument though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    10 years, you?Haha lol after grade 5 theory I was like
    I
    am
    so
    doneeeeeeee!
    ahhhh twinning!!

ReputationRep:
    I play piano but I've not had lessons in years, don't read music and haven't taken any official grading exams. I use the term play loosely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM)
    I play flute and piano to a high standard, and I also do a fair bit of composing when I have time (not often now I've started my intensive A-levels!).

I'm certainly nowhere near Mozart's talent, though I can play his flute concertos and many of his piano sonatas.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Beethoven's better though!!
    ahh sound!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    haha i agree! tbh I prefer tschaikowsky but I don't know how to spell the name!

ReputationRep:
    I play the piano. Never bothered getting grades as i began playing during my GCSE years. mostly just mess around playing tunes that i think sound cool. I can play prelude in C though and i feel proud of that. Even if it is nothing compared to nearly everyone else :/

ReputationRep:
    I play piano. I did my Grade 5 not so long ago and thought I failed it. I managed to pass, though. Now I'm learning stuff I actually like.

Does anyone have a favourite piece to play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know how to play the guitar and piano, but my finger co-ordination is all over the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_4342)
    ahhhh twinning!!
    :five:

(Original post by AbstractHeart)
    I play piano. I did my Grade 5 not so long ago and thought I failed it. I managed to pass, though. Now I'm learning stuff I actually like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love playing Axel F on piano :rofl: Respect to you for doing grade 5 piano :shock: I only just passed 4 and just was not up to continuing after that exam XD
    I just love playing violin rofl
    At the moment the nutcracker is my favourite on violin :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm like the same as you; I can also play the trumpet, cornet, tenor horn, uke, a little guitar!
    Awwhhhhh cool!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For piano, Poulenc's Toccata from Trois pieces is good fun. Very energetic and lots of jumping about the keyboard and quick mood changes.

For flute, I'm not so sure. Maybe Chaminade's Concertino.

ReputationRep:
    :five:

I love playing Axel F on piano :rofl: Respect to you for doing grade 5 piano :shock: I only just passed 4 and just was not up to continuing after that exam XD
    I just love playing violin rofl
    At the moment the nutcracker is my favourite on violin :gah:
    I've not heard of Axel F. What's it like?
    Violin sounds really fun but I don't have time for another instrument. Also, so expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to learn piano and then guitar but because I have little hands I gave up instead of trying properly D:
    I play ukulele now, which I love.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    violin fav is Canzonetta by Tschaikowsky or trad currently doing Concerto no. 3 by Mozart.piano fav is river flows in you or il giorni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM)
    For piano, Poulenc's Toccata from Trois pieces is good fun. Very energetic and lots of jumping about the keyboard and quick mood changes.

For flute, I'm not so sure. Maybe Chaminade's Concertino.
    I'll look the Toccata when I get home. It sounds quite interesting.

ReputationRep:

It's hard. Plenty of flats XD but I learnt it by ear and have memorised it (that and ode to joy + scissor scisters and some easy coldplay arrangments = some of the few peices I can play on piano now :rofl:)
    It also really annoyed my cousins when I stayed at theirs for a week and they had an electric piano that I made use of :innocent:

I've not heard of Axel F. What's it like?
    Violin sounds really fun but I don't have time for another instrument. Also, so expensive.
    Violin is so fun! It cheers me up to play! Can be expensive.
    Learn something like ukelele - they are simple and so cool/fun

ReputationRep:
    violin fav is Canzonetta by Tschaikowsky or trad currently doing Concerto no. 3 by Mozart.piano fav is river flows in you or il giorni
    You seem to know a lot of pieces. How many do you play regularly?

ReputationRep:

It's hard. Plenty of flats XD but I learnt it by ear and have memorised it (that and ode to joy + scissor scisters and some easy coldplay arrangments = some of the few peices I can play on piano now :rofl:)
    It also really annoyed my cousins when I stayed at theirs for a week and they had an electric piano that I made use of :innocent:

Violin is so fun! It cheers me up to play! Can be expensive.
    Learn something like ukelele - they are simple and so cool/fun
    I can't play by ear at all. But my sight reading is getting better.
    Uke looks good too. Everything sounds happy on it.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to know a lot of pieces. How many do you play regularly?
    I've being playing for a long time (10 years lel) so my memory is pretty good now! I may be of reasonable standard but I hardly practice like 2 times a week for 45 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    <3
    I can't play by ear at all. But my sight reading is getting better.
    Uke looks good too. Everything sounds happy on it.
    That's not a bad thing Nice :yy: I find rhythms hard in sight reading, I like to hear things and then learn and be able to play them
    XD yeah haha

ReputationRep:

omg it's THAT piece!!!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.