Sometimes I'm really put off by men???

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Especially when they around their male friends and the things they say about girls. You'd think they see girls as nothing more than sex toys and slaves. Obviously, I understand that most of the time it's locker room chat and banter. Men always want to look cool in front of their friends and pretend they are not whipped.

But some of things I've heard men say about women when they taking amongst themselves..like wow. This includes men at work, my brother when his friends come around even my grown up uncle. Maybe it's because I really despise laddish culture and lads. I'm more into reserved men. But I suppose sometimes I wonder if that's what they really think of women and that whether they really resent women for some reason.
    I have never in my life not once discussed women with any of my friends. It has never even crossed my mind...guys like talking about politics, life, religion, philosophy, jobs, education, cars, technology, computers, sports even...things like that....but girls? and in the way you describe? no...lol

I have never in my life ever come across guys that are interested in talking about girls when they are together, not once....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    That is their main purpose tbh.
    I hope you're joking 😐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I've overheard several "girly chats" about fellas and they're really no better :rofl:
    I agree. Groups of women together talking about men, particularly if they've been on the sauce, are usually far more vulgar and coarse than a similar group of men. They don't seem to know any limits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    I hope you're joking 😐

Men provide the money. Women provide the fun.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ae90c6cf...fblio1_500.gif

ReputationRep:
    Men provide the money. Women provide the fun.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ae90c6cf...fblio1_500.gif
    Both bring more than money and fun. It's about sharing your life with someone you love. And I know plenty women who earn more than their partners.

ReputationRep:
    Both bring more than money and fun. It's about sharing your life with someone you love. And I know plenty women who earn more than their partners.

I know. Was only joking.

You know I'm not like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I agree. Groups of women together talking about men, particularly if they've been on the sauce, are usually far more vulgar and coarse than a similar group of men. They don't seem to know any limits.
    What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    Both mean and women chat about each other, it aint nothing new

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    What does that mean?
    Drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I agree, I think this locker room chat is a maturity thing though.

Guys in their late teens are going through new experiences with relationships, sex etc and have a kind of pressure to be laddish and conform and this is where a lot of the bragging comes from.

I think when you get guys who are over 21 doing it, it is a bit cringe.
    But Donald Trump was 59yo in the pussygate video.

ReputationRep:
    Keep away from people who say crap like that then

ReputationRep:
    I know. Was only joking.

You know I'm not like that.
    Oh phew 😃

ReputationRep:
    Oh phew 😃

:kissing2:

I'm a gentleman. :innocent:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.