Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    they taste so damn goooooood
    Lol, yes that's a good one, but I mean an excuse for when you feel guilty about eating them-any healthy qualities that oats have apart from fibre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    Lol, yes that's a good one, but I mean an excuse for when you feel guilty about eating them-any healthy qualities that oats have apart from fibre?
    Theyre not healthy at all, sorry to be the bearer of bad news

ReputationRep:
    Woah, 900 calories! That's like 2 hours on the treadmill! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    you could run to asda to buy them i guess....or you could say you're preparing for the winter months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    you could run to asda to buy them i guess....or you could say you're preparing for the winter months
    I don't even know where the nearest Asda is, so I could walk there lol, might take me about a day to find one though... and I don't even really like flapjacks
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Woah, 900 calories! That's like 2 hours on the treadmill! :eek:

Or you could do the sensible thing and just get fat (it's a lot less effort).

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I don't even know where the nearest Asda is, so I could walk there lol, might take me about a day to find one though... and I don't even really like flapjacks
    That's an even better idea walk around looking confused someone will eventually take pity on you and give you a flapjack!!! then you exercise and get a free flapjack

ReputationRep:
    Isn't a flapjack an English thing?

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmm, morning flapjack.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have missed out on something very important here:I'VE NEVER tried flapjack. Down to ASDA it is.

ReputationRep:
    You have never had flapjack? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    You have never had flapjack? :eek:
    Nope. I am now traumatised.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you can't BUY flapjack. Sure, you can buy that really sticky stuff from ASDA, with chocolate on the top, but that's not real flapjack. Real flapjack is homemade, where you chuck a big wedge of butter into a hot pan, throw in some oats and dribble in golden syrup, then you get a big wooden spoon and twist the heavy mixture all together. Then you get your big wooden spoon and proceed to eat half the mixture because it truly is one of the nicest tasting things in the world- hot, raw flapjack mixture. Then you get another big wooden spoon because you've just slurped over the other one, and get a baking tray, and roll the golden mixture onto the baking tray, which is moving like a glacier. Then you smooth it all out to the sides and so the top is all flat and even, then you bang it in the oven for a bit so the smell of flapjack diffuses round the kitchen, wait for a bit, then pull it out of the oven, smash it into little pieces and eat it Homemade rocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Dude, you can't BUY flapjack. Sure, you can buy that really sticky stuff from ASDA, with chocolate on the top, but that's not real flapjack. Real flapjack is homemade, where you chuck a big wedge of butter into a hot pan, throw in some oats and dribble in golden syrup, then you get a big wooden spoon and twist the heavy mixture all together. Then you get your big wooden spoon and proceed to eat half the mixture because it truly is one of the nicest tasting things in the world- hot, raw flapjack mixture. Then you get another big wooden spoon because you've just slurped over the other one, and get a baking tray, and roll the golden mixture onto the baking tray, which is moving like a glacier. Then you smooth it all out to the sides and so the top is all flat and even, then you bang it in the oven for a bit so the smell of flapjack diffuses round the kitchen, wait for a bit, then pull it out of the oven, smash it into little pieces and eat it Homemade rocks!
    But I can't cook to save my life.....I'll have to goad mum into doing it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    But I can't cook to save my life.....I'll have to goad mum into doing it for me.
    Seriously, it doesn't require the brainpower of a rocket scientist. Just follow a recipe. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Theyre not healthy at all, sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    :eek: So all this time I've had the wool pulled over my eyes :eek:
    Oh well, not everything in the world, can be good I suppose, everybody needs something naughty now and then

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it just the best food ever? My mum keeps buying packets of them, and Ive just eaten 900 calories worth!

Bloody hell, never gonna get the 6 pack at this rate
    Yeah flapjack is nice but not when your dad makes it and it totally falls apart OR gets totally burnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

You don't know where your nearest ASDA is? :eek: Looks like you live in on of those unfortunate places, where there is no ASDA nearby, poor you I strongly recommend finding one, you don't know what you're missing-ASDA is GREAT!

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it just the best food ever? My mum keeps buying packets of them, and Ive just eaten 900 calories worth!

Bloody hell, never gonna get the 6 pack at this rate
    isn't there about 300 calories in a flapjack or something? About the same amount in an average dinner! lol, mind you, yeah they are nice, can't eat a whole one in one go tho.....

ReputationRep:
    I really want some flapjack now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2006
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.