University of Birmingham 2017 applicants & offer holders

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got an unconditional offer for law on the 11th October, sent off my application on the 29th September!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaann24)
    Hey guys, I got an unconditional offer for law on the 11th October, sent off my application on the 29th September!!
    Wow, Well Done! I applied and received an offer for Law today. Have you already sat your ALevels?

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconitional offer about a week ago to study Theology and RS ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *unconditional 🙄 (this doesn't bode well)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JrLeon)
    Wow, Well Done! I applied and received an offer for Law today. Have you already sat your ALevels?
    No, I'm sitting them this year. Which makes the offer really tempting...

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied earlier this afternoon for a MSci in Theoretical Physics. Does anyone on here have any idea how long I could be waiting for an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froa98)
    Got on offer on the 14th for Politics & IR, (ABB) !
    do you mind me asking how long it took for you to get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tg1998)
    do you mind me asking how long it took for you to get an offer?
    4 days, My school sent my app off on the 10th & got one on the 14th.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how long did it take for your acknowledgement email to come through that your application had been received?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    Hey guys, how long did it take for your acknowledgement email to come through that your application had been received?
    Less than 24 hours for me

ReputationRep:
    Got one for biochem a few days ago. Unconditional if it's my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional to study Law with French Law

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got offers if they applied with predictions below the entry requirements?

Did anyone get invited to a (Chemistry) applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    Did anyone get invited to a (Chemistry) applicant day?
    I have! They haven't responded to my application yet though, other than to say it's been forwarded to the admissions tutor from the admissions team for further consideration. :/

(Original post by Kenopsia)
    I have! They haven't responded to my application yet though, other than to say it's been forwarded to the admissions tutor from the admissions team for further consideration. :/
    For chemistry? Have you chosen a date?
    Same here! I was expecting an offer.. didn't know they did applicant days. Do you think it's necessary to attend, since they do say the meeting doesn't influence the offer? (I've been to UoB multiple times since I live in birmingham and my sixth form is very close by, so I don't think I'll gain anything from it tbh haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes;[url="tel:68192096")
    68192096[/url]]For chemistry? Have you chosen a date?
    Same here! I was expecting an offer.. didn't know they did applicant days. Do you think it's necessary to attend, since they do say the meeting doesn't influence the offer? (I've been to UoB multiple times since I live in birmingham and my sixth form is very close by, so I don't think I'll gain anything from it tbh haha)
    Yes! I've applied for chemistry + modern foreign language at UoB When I went on a campus tour a few weeks ago the guide said they weren't mandatory, but beneficial for you to go to. But chemistry is my 'fifth option' (I'm applying to medicine, including at UoB) so I don't know if I should bother going.

(Original post by Kenopsia)
    Yes! I've applied for chemistry + modern foreign language at UoB When I went on a campus tour a few weeks ago the guide said they weren't mandatory, but beneficial for you to go to. But chemistry is my 'fifth option' (I'm applying to medicine, including at UoB) so I don't know if I should bother going.
    Ah I get you.. If they're not mandatory I won't have much motivation to go, so I might wait to see if they'll give me an offer in the next few days and decline. Otherwise I guess I'll accept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumGill)
    I've just applied earlier this afternoon for a MSci in Theoretical Physics. Does anyone on here have any idea how long I could be waiting for an offer?
    Got an offer for Theoretical physics and Applied maths. They have offer holder open days scheduled for physics applicants until the 7th of December (the first one being on wednesday). They're relatively fast but I got an email a few days before my offer that they might take longer than january to answer (but I guess not then )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Got an offer for Theoretical physics and Applied maths. They have offer holder open days scheduled for physics applicants until the 7th of December (the first one being on wednesday). They're relatively fast but I got an email a few days before my offer that they might take longer than january to answer (but I guess not then )
    Ohhh nice congratualtions How many days after you had sent your application off did they respond?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
University of Birmingham resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.