Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Not sure about you guys, but until this day I know nobody that has solely been happy due to having good grades or good achievements in sport etc - I think happiness stems from the people around you and your enviornment; importantly, family, friends etc.

I consider academic success, sport, etc as add ons.
    I agree totally. I used to be really good academically, have an ok social life and be reasonable at several sports. Then I let the academic slide but have a a better social life (maybe because I can get in pubs/clubs now :cool: ) and steadily improved at sports. To demonstrate, at my school we used to have achievement awards to point out excellence in various areas throughtout the year...
    Year 7: Maths (double award), French, Science (double award), Geography, History
    Year 11: P.E. (double award), Sporting Achievement (double award)

That's not to say I don't think you can have it all, it's just better to get a decent balance and therefore keeping your options open. Luckily I'm on target for good AS grades (hopefully) and still get to play sport to as high a level as I can without it invading on my social life...Work hard, play hard I say.

ReputationRep:
    its very much possible , not for me though .. all im good at is academics and music . i suck at sports and have no social life ...

but ppl do it , i knew at least 3 guys and girls who had eveything . i would have a better social life , but i hate society . I jus dont trust n e one n e more except mayb 2 ppl .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    its very much possible , not for me though .. all im good at is academics and music . i suck at sports and have no social life ...

but ppl do it , i knew at least 3 guys and girls who had eveything . i would have a better social life , but i hate society . I jus dont trust n e one n e more except mayb 2 ppl .
    Do you know they have everything? Do you know for a fact? I've never meant anyone who really had everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    Do you believe this is possible and do you know anyone that has managed to do a similar plan?

The 'Excel in Everything' plan is the ultimate lifestyle regime... in which you do your best in everything.

I mean: the highest academic standards in tests and homework in school;the best social life you can possibly live; high levels of fitness and achievement in sport and the list goes on, but you understand the idea. Yes?

I may take up this task but what are your opinions on this.

Im sure in ur World it would...... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Surely it boils down to being happy - if you're happy with what you've got, then you must have everything (at least everything you want).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    Do you believe this is possible and do you know anyone that has managed to do a similar plan?

The 'Excel in Everything' plan is the ultimate lifestyle regime... in which you do your best in everything.

I mean: the highest academic standards in tests and homework in school;the best social life you can possibly live; high levels of fitness and achievement in sport and the list goes on, but you understand the idea. Yes?

I may take up this task but what are your opinions on this.
    im up for it at the moment, still need a gf and achievements in sport tho, but uni's coming along so it should be all good.. certainly beats sitting around watching eastenders tho, which incidentally is VERY CRAP now :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Sounds like something I go for.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.