Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    one of the main things I chose my uni on was if it had a next, topshop etc. Castle is ridicuously close to shops anyway! i wouldnt mind being a bargirl, i look like one apperentely, but with my london accent I dont want people calling me Peggy!

ReputationRep:
    hehe hmmmm i like it you have to be a barmaid just so we can call you peggy from now on!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine being poked to do eastenders quotes already ( I absolutely refuse to do 'youre not my mum' 'yes i am'). My accent isnt too bad though, well not as bad as Peggy. My schoolis onthe suburbs so I have a softer accent where some Kentish has blended in. I want to pick up a geordie accent though, Pet!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh well i love the geordie accent on guys, very sexy, but it can't be too harsh though or else its just jard to understand!!! i don't like it as much on gurls but it can be quitesweet sometimes and its quite easy to get caught in yourself

ReputationRep:
    Well it is sexier on men (drool-my boyf will deffers have sum competition) but its nicer than the london accent at any rate. 'ahrite mate? u bringing da beef ya minnnnnnnnga?'. definitely not sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)
    Ah, we girls are just the real men... in the way we're not chickens and willbrave the cold. Perhaps us gals shopuld go in suits and u blokes.......well, in ickle dresses? I seem to have got rather obsessed with x dressing of late...
    I'm up for that, though not at the ball, maybe to a less formal occassion!

ReputationRep:
    hey up we have another member yey!!!

ReputationRep:
    so does the ball start in newcastle or just end there?

ReputationRep:
    so does the ball start in newcastle or just end there?
    Last year the ball was in Newcastle. This year it will be in Tall Trees club in Teeside.
    I have just spoken to the guy who is arranging it all, and he says, while it is not yet confirmed its almost certainly going to be at Tall Trees.

They bus everyone to and from the ball anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    wow thats really cool I think! Esp the bus, that will be a laugh! Imagine all newbies all nervous and crammed into buses with their nice oufits! Be worse on the way back, esp if sumone puked. sorry 2 say it but it could happen. Im not sitting next to anyone whos drunk too much!

So do u go in buses according to college or just jump into wateva one u happen to get on?

ReputationRep:
    wow thats really cool I think! Esp the bus, that will be a laugh! Imagine all newbies all nervous and crammed into buses with their nice oufits! Be worse on the way back, esp if sumone puked. sorry 2 say it but it could happen. Im not sitting next to anyone whos drunk too much!

So do u go in buses according to college or just jump into wateva one u happen to get on?
    Roughly based on college

Hill and Bailey is the division. Hill colleges go from the car park between Trevs and Mildert. Bailey and Hild-Bede and VIP's go from just outside the Bowling place in the centre of town

Last year I went as a DSU officer and was on the last bus back. Nobody appeared too drunk, but we saw 2 people in black-tie in a kebab house in Newcastle as we drove past them on the bus. Apparently they had to travel back with the crew, who didn't leave Newcastle till just gone 5am. They were given a quick lesson in Heavy Lifting 101

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Last year the ball was in Newcastle. This year it will be in Tall Trees club in Teeside.
    I have just spoken to the guy who is arranging it all, and he says, while it is not yet confirmed its almost certainly going to be at Tall Trees.

They bus everyone to and from the ball anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    hmmm is the tall trees in newcastle anything like the one in newquay or is it just a coincedence that they share the name???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel18)
    hmmm is the tall trees in newcastle anything like the one in newquay or is it just a coincedence that they share the name???
    Don't know! I have never been the one near Durham, let alone to the one in newquay. From what I have heard it is a large club that we will have to ourselves for a night. Plenty of booze shall flow, and much merriment must be had by all.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh sounds like a fab night, i really can't wait in some respects, then again it can take as long as it likes to arrive!!!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh sounds like a fab night, i really can't wait in some respects, then again it can take as long as it likes to arrive!!!
    Its rolling around very soon. I have just been on the phone with a good friend of mine, who as DSU Treasurer is still in Durham over the summer. The ball is booked, they are still fixing the bands, he mentioned something about a top 10 act, and Freshers' Fair is being planned as I speak. Apart from the fact that he is caught up in budget meetings for the next few weeks, I kind of envy him still being around in Durham.

As soon as results are confirmed, you will recieve welcome packs from the Uni, your department, DSU, and your College.

The DSU pack will try and sell you the following
    • Freshers Ball
    • Freshers Bop
    • Ents Card
    • Vouchers etc (not sure they are doing this this year)

They are all really worth it (shameless plug), and don't worry if you don't buy them in advance, as they are all on sale from reception at Freshers' Fair itself.

ReputationRep:
    how much did he pay you for that plug, or how many pints should i say , hehe

ReputationRep:
    how much did he pay you for that plug, or how many pints should i say , hehe
    Contracts between the Union and 3rd parties are confidential

I probably owe him a few pints anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm fair enuff, my'o'my its very quiet on here at da mo!!!

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm fair enuff, my'o'my its very quiet on here at da mo!!!
    People must all be away on holiday

ReputationRep:
    true, well im off shoppin now so i'll speak to you all later xx

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.