Turn on thread page Beta

What's the simplest thing you've ever had to explain to a fully competent person? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    really?

---------
    That i dont like men.
    simple u might think.
    but no.
    'im sure you do' 'omg he is so hot right'

no leave me tf alone, i think i know just get lost why does everyone think they think they know me better than i know myself.
    Isn't that man standing somewhere so damn irresistible???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Africa is a continent, not a country.
    .....I had to do this last week....was it a group conversation lol?

Incredibly disturbing but a colleague didn't know that for example 0.21 is not 3 times bigger than 0.7. Which was highly problematic because it turned out for months if not years she'd been highlighting data (yes she works in a scientific field) totally incorrectly because of that logic.

Also bless her GF thought China was a member of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    ugh two weeks ago I was helping a year 9 girl with some maths questions
    and spent a solid 5 mins trying to get her to understand why 1÷2 is not 1 !!
    then the next 5 mins explaining why it isn't 2 !!!

ReputationRep:
    That the plural for "fish" is "fish", not "fishes".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    That the plural for "fish" is "fish", not "fishes".
    The plural of moose is meese #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    that there's more than two genders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    I had to explain to someone recently that islands do not float, you cannot dive/swim underneath them, and that they are attached to the ocean floor #Moooose
    When I initially had to explain this to the person in question, I viewed them as competent, but now I'm not so sure,

I had to explain to a friend why saying, 'all black people look the same to me' is racist. He's still in denial that it's racist, I don't know if he's intentionally ignorant or just borderline retarded.

ReputationRep:
    How could anyone think differently? #Moooose
    Moose I don't want to go there again lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    When I initially had to explain this to the person in question, I viewed them as competent, but now I'm not so sure,

I had to explain to a friend why saying, 'all black people look the same to me' is racist. He's still in denial that it's racist, I don't know if he's intentionally ignorant or just borderline retarded.
    :lol: that's amazing! I don't even know what to say #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    The plural of moose is meese #Moooose
    Lol! You remind me of someone

ReputationRep:
    Lol! You remind me of someone
    Hahaa who? #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    I had to have pretty much my whole GCSE geography class and teacher explain to me that England / UK is part of Europe 2 years ago. My God did i feel like an idiot

ReputationRep:
    I had to explain to someone that the world has always been in colour. She thought that life used to be in black and white and asked me when the world turned colourful. i'm deadly serious... This was in year 8, she wasn't the brightest of people..

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa who? #Moooose
    Someone I knew not long ago. He always used to call himself a moose, so it became a habit of mine and everyone else to call him one :P

ReputationRep:
    Someone I knew not long ago. He always used to call himself a moose, so it became a habit of mine and everyone else to call him one :P
    Hahaa that's incredible! I see you are studying for an LLM; how are you finding it? #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    Just because something makes you feel good, doesn't mean it's true...

ReputationRep:
    That broccoli is not fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motionsense)
    that there's more than two genders

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa that's incredible! I see you are studying for an LLM; how are you finding it? #Moooose
    I just finished a couple of weeks ago so should probably change the profile description but although I enjoyed my lectures, the dissertation was daunting. I'm quite proud of it now though; it's like my first book

What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I just finished a couple of weeks ago so should probably change the profile description but although I enjoyed my lectures, the dissertation was daunting. I'm quite proud of it now though; it's like my first book

What are you studying?
    Congratulations, I'm sure it was very hard work! I just finished my law degree and tempted to do a masters however, at the moment I'm not doing a lot :lol: #Moooose

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.