Turn on thread page Beta

What type of milk person are you? watch

• View Poll Results: Which one're you gonna go for?
    Whole Milk
    48.28%
    Semi-skimmed Milk
    32.76%
    Skimmed Milk
    5.17%
    1%
    1.72%
    Others
    12.07%

ReputationRep:
    Whole milk or almond milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drinktheoceans)
    Whole Milk. Or No Milk.

Might as well go all the way.
    Brilliant attitude there.

ReputationRep:
    Humans shouldn't drink other animals milk. Do some research on the dairy industry. I drink almond milk, and there are many other great alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elef95)
    Humans shouldn't drink other animals milk. Do some research on the dairy industry. I drink almond milk, and there are many other great alternatives.
    I've heard all sorts of things about the dairy industry, the meat industry, the fur industry etc.

It boils down to this. Lactose Intolerant? Look for other alternatives. Other than that, a life without milk (domestic animal milk) ice-cream and cheese which stem from it is an empty one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    I've heard all sorts of things about the dairy industry, the meat industry, the fur industry etc.

It boils down to this. Lactose Intolerant? Look for other alternatives. Other than that, a life without milk (domestic animal milk) ice-cream and cheese which stem from it is an empty one.
    If your life is empty without dairy that's kind of sad. If you switch to almond milk or some other dairy-free (cruelty-free) milk nothing really changes. I use it with tea, cereal, baking etc., and I still eat ice-cream. Tesco have dairy-free strawberry cornettos that are really good, and Amy's Kitchen mac and cheese (vegan) is honestly the best I have ever had. Going dairy-free is better for your health, and it's obviously better for the animals involved in that industry.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's got to be said I am a semi skimmed man myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elef95)
    If your life is empty without dairy that's kind of sad. If you switch to almond milk or some other dairy-free (cruelty-free) milk nothing really changes. I use it with tea, cereal, baking etc., and I still eat ice-cream. Tesco have dairy-free strawberry cornettos that are really good, and Amy's Kitchen mac and cheese (vegan) is honestly the best I have ever had. Going dairy-free is better for your health, and it's obviously better for the animals involved in that industry.
    This is the thing. I eat meat and I drink milk and ethics aren't really an issue - the life of farm animals aren't significant enough for me to worry about, they can't grasp the value of life.

Would I prefer the aforesaid animals to have the least amount of possible suffering possible before they get to the end consumer? Sure. But it has to be acknowledged that they may face worser things in wild, i.e. starvation, hunting etc. We are omnivores. You do make some valid points though and I will consider them.

ReputationRep:
    Whole milk because I'm fat

ReputationRep:
    CHOCOLATE MILK!

But nah, I drink almond milk haha

ReputationRep:
    I grew up on whole milk so semi-skimmed is just white water to me.

Which is kinda strange because I dislike cream generally.

ReputationRep:
    Soy milk. There was a long time where coconut milk was my favourite but I got sick of it.

ReputationRep:
    I literally don't know the difference between any of the milks...
    I just drink what's available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Yaay :ahee: someone likes goat milk :five:
    Haha I love goats milk! Mate, put it right there! :mmm::five:

ReputationRep:
    Fat free Fairlife milk.

Made by coke, has 50% more protein and is lactose free.

ReputationRep:
    I like hazelnut milk or almond milk best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This stuff is by far the best : https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/guernsey-milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Whole milk because I'm fat
    Whole milk because I want to be.

* Well I'm trying to gain weight not actually be fat

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.