Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Though there was a poll about edders just to make sure most people thought he was OK.

That was an official poll by d though, not a "Do you think I'd be a good mod" thread.

but that was a long time ago, when the forum was a little baby place. it would be impossible now to pick everyone favourite..or even someone that everyone would agree on.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    lol which idiot thought that?? this is just like any other forum on the net..??
    Well for some reason, if d wants to appoint a new moderator or administrator, everyones got the idea that he has to get their permission first.

And if they dont feel satisfied that he's gone that, they a) Take it out on the mod team, and b) Get all in a huff and start a crusade to cause yet another rift.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    E: You need a large post count
    D: You need a good reputation
    C: You must never ask about becoming a mod
    B: You must become a regular and spend lots of time here
    A: You must be clever, respectable and trustworthy
    --------
    A*: It helps to become friends with the mods.
    You never actually know what the criteria is. After all, many of the mods were chosen relatively early in the UKL history, when they didn't quite have a huge post count. But the other points in the criteria are pretty true. But for now, I don't think they need any mods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Get all in a huff and start a crusade to cause yet another rift.

lol yeah i know what you mean, people are so gullible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Well for some reason, if d wants to appoint a new moderator or administrator, everyones got the idea that he has to get their permission first.

And if they dont feel satisfied that he's gone that, they a) Take it out on the mod team, and b) Get all in a huff and start a crusade to cause yet another rift.

Most of us do appreciate you mods, though maybe we don't tell you enough.

Everyone's quick to tell you if you've done something wrong, but you recieve little praise for the work you put in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    but that was a long time ago, when the forum was a little baby place. it would be impossible now to pick everyone favourite..or even someone that everyone would agree on.

love Katy ***
    Yeah, before there were not as many people to choose from to become a mod. Now there are probably a number of candidates who would do a good job.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah i know what you mean, people are so gullible
    I keep telling everyone that they cannot choose the mods, or try to get rid of them, but they do not listen.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, before there were not as many people to choose from to becoe a mod. Now there are probably a number of candidates who would do a good job.
    I'm probably as good as they get for a mod spot when it comes to being online a lot, especially at night when normal people sleep but i UKL, shame i fail in all other aspects though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I keep telling everyone that they cannot choose the mods, or try to get rid of them, but they do not listen.
    lol oh well, not many people ask anyway. only a few new members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'm probably as good as they get for a mod spot when it comes to being online a lot, especially at night when normal people sleep but i UKL, shame i fail in all other aspects though.
    Yes, but you still have much to learn and your style has not settled yet. I am on as much if not more than you, but that does not means nothing.

Yes, but you still have much to learn and your style has not settled yet. I am on as much if not more than you, but that does not means nothing.
    That's what i said, i don't wish to be a mod anyways.

ReputationRep:
    lol ben when you become a mod, the first thing you do would be to badn pig and gimp.

ReputationRep:
    I think any talk about members becoming mods at this time is futile as the present modhirrim are still active and do an excellent job.

lol ben when you become a mod, the first thing you do would be to badn pig and gimp.
    I'd never do that, i'm not so petty over trivial issues.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I have said before that you have you should have been a member for at least a year, have caused no problems for the forum and have posted regularly for all that time.
    That's me out

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    I did not imagine the Almighty Knowledgable Person as a troublemaker :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    i think she said "poo" in class once.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Acaila)
    You didn't know I'm two faced and ***** about people I don't like behind their backs (well unless they subscribe)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    You didn't know I'm two faced and ***** about people I don't like behind their backs (well unless they subscribe)?
    Well, we do not think you say anything inflamitory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Hehe I didn't . Nothing wrong with being a *****. Among my male friends I am often known as The Total Ultimate ***** and I take it as a mark of respect.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.