The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Unconditional- Lancaster uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Babyoleg
thank you so much for that and a huge well done!!!
Was Lancaster your first choice?
I'm applying to Lancaster (just waiting for myself school to send it off) and I'm thinking of firming it(hopefully maybe...!!)

you're welcome & thank you! :smile: Lancaster is my first choice, yeah. What course do you want to study?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by JustARandomer123
I have an unconditional this year, if I choose Lancaster as my firm.
GCSE's: 3A*'s, 1 Distinction*, 5A's, 1 B and 1 C
AS: ABBC
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Course entry requirements were A*AA. They gave me a conditional of AAA, and then emailed about a week later with the unconditional offer. They didn't interview me.

... Why were you predicted A*A*A?....

I got AAB and I had to struggle to get an A prediction in my B grade despite being 3 marks off an A

Im predicted A*AA
Original post by APersonYo

I got AAB and I had to struggle to get an A prediction in my B grade despite being 3 marks off an A

Im predicted A*AA

I really wouldn't be able to tell you, but I'm not going to complain either way :P I think it's because I was a few UMS off an A in maths and I'm retaking 2 AS modules in it to bump it up to an A overall
Original post by BR26071999
I literally just got home and found a letter from Lancaster uni - i really wasn't expecting it :tongue:.

I'm predicted AAA and Law at Lancaster requires AAA they are interviewing me in an applicant day for an unconditional offer. So you never know you might actually get one :smile:

when's the applicant day?:smile:
Original post by asdfghjklol
when's the applicant day?:smile:

They vary depending on the department in question, i.e The Management School one is on the 4th of Feb
I've just received my unconditional from Lancaster today for Biomedical Science. I got a conditional offer about a week ago, but just had a letter through the door earlier today. I got AABB at AS level and I'm predicted AAAA. I got 2 A*s, 7As, 1 B and 2 Distinctions at GCSE. Didn't expect an unconditional at all, but I did spend most of my summer getting work experience I needed and more and perfecting my personal statement- I'm over the moon. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone
Original post by APersonYo

Im predicted A*AA

I honestly wouldn't worry about predictions. People get it into their head that without A*A*A* predictions they wont receive an offer.

The universities are not stupid, its doubtful that they will trust an A*A*A prediction without the AS grades to back it up.

My school made a point of only predicting what you got at AS for A2. People used to complain so much but they had a point. A2 is harder than AS so why would you suddenly go from ABBC to A*A*A?

Your predictions are fine :smile:

tl;dr Don't worry about predictions, their values has fallen due to schools being to generous :smile:
Original post by Yellow2914
I honestly wouldn't worry about predictions. People get it into their head that without A*A*A* predictions they wont receive an offer.

The universities are not stupid, its doubtful that they will trust an A*A*A prediction without the AS grades to back it up.

My school made a point of only predicting what you got at AS for A2. People used to complain so much but they had a point. A2 is harder than AS so why would you suddenly go from ABBC to A*A*A?

Your predictions are fine :smile:

tl;dr Don't worry about predictions, their values has fallen due to schools being to generous :smile:

It's slightly different now because A levels are linear so some universities aren't going to consider AS grades
just got an unconditional offer today by Lancaster uni for accounting and finance
got BBBB at AS level
predicted AAA for A-Level
Does anyone know if Lancaster do unconditionals for English Lit?
I got a letter from them after I applied saying they'll lower the entry requirements to ABB instead of AAB if I choose it as my firm choice. Is this the English Lit equivalent for an unconditional or something? Or did I just not do well enough to get one? (Was hoping for one to be honest and I'm a little disheartened)
I know they do it for Eng Lit & Creative writing, and English Lang, but English Lit alone isnt stated on http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/lancaster-university-unconditional-offer-scheme/
Original post by account01
just got an unconditional offer today by Lancaster uni for accounting and finance
got BBBB at AS level
predicted AAA for A-Level

Congratulations! May I ask, did you initially received a conditional offer? And if so, how much later did Lancaster switch the offer to unconditional?
Original post by little red rock
Congratulations! May I ask, did you initially received a conditional offer? And if so, how much later did Lancaster switch the offer to unconditional?

No it came all together.
I got an unconditional for biochemistry BSc(Hons) from Lancaster just today along with a conditional offer for AAB or an offer for ABB provided I get an A in my EPQ.
At GCSE I got 5A*s, 4As and a Cambridge National Level 2 Pass.
At AS I got AAABC (including general studies)
They didn't ask to interview me.
I got an unconditional (providing I make it my firm) for Medieval & Renaissance Studies - AAB, or ABB if I get an A in my EPQ

Is anyone else applying for this course? I (as of yet) haven't come across any others on TSR...
Finally sent off my UCAS today. Applying for Computer Sci.

Ngl, I doubt I'll get an unconditional. The requirements are AAB (Students currently doing Computing are more favourable - I dont do Computing lol).

My predicted grades are AAB and I received ACCE in my AS.

My GCSE's are pretty crap (1 A, 2 C's, rest are all B's).

I really tried with my personal statement to sell myself but I doubt it was good enough for an unconditional tho.
Does anyone know if they offer unconditional for Maths? I've got an offer and I'm planning on making it my firm anyways, but it would take some pressure off it was changed to an unconditional.

Well done on your offers everyone😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Hi :smile:
I already made Lancaster my firm with the conditional offer AAB (Advertising and marketing)
They then emailed me asking me to go to interview for the possibility of an unconditional offer!!
Anyone know what to expect??? Mine's in march xo
Hei guys! I was wondering do they usually give out unconditional offers by letter or email cause on Track i received a conditional offer but i haven't receive any email or letter from the university itself.
Reply 38
Original post by Evictoriap
I've just received my unconditional from Lancaster today for Biomedical Science. I got a conditional offer about a week ago, but just had a letter through the door earlier today. I got AABB at AS level and I'm predicted AAAA. I got 2 A*s, 7As, 1 B and 2 Distinctions at GCSE. Didn't expect an unconditional at all, but I did spend most of my summer getting work experience I needed and more and perfecting my personal statement- I'm over the moon. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone

Hi, I did a lot of biomedical modules in my first year of my undergrad at Lancaster, if you have any questions about the course or anything else let me know on this thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4434820). Congratulations on your offer, and any help you need dont hesitate to contact me!
Original post by Hackerman
Finally sent off my UCAS today. Applying for Computer Sci.

Ngl, I doubt I'll get an unconditional. The requirements are AAB (Students currently doing Computing are more favourable - I dont do Computing lol).

My predicted grades are AAB and I received ACCE in my AS.

My GCSE's are pretty crap (1 A, 2 C's, rest are all B's).

I really tried with my personal statement to sell myself but I doubt it was good enough for an unconditional tho.

Were you able to get an unconditional offer for computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending