Turn on thread page Beta

Something awful. watch

ReputationRep:
    You are so amazing at singing.. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Very nice. There's real potential in your voice. I took singing lessons for a year at the Manchester School of Music. Some of the things the teacher told me was to work on my posture [make sure you stand up straight, as it will help your voice to project], my breathing control and really using the diaphragm for power. Hope these tips help !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Very nice. There's real potential in your voice. I took singing lessons for a year at the Manchester School of Music. Some of the things the teacher told me was to work on my posture [make sure you stand up straight, as it will help your voice to project], my breathing control and really using the diaphragm for power. Hope these tips help !!
    Thanks a lot for the tips! Could you possibly recommend some breathing exercises please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Thanks a lot for the tips! Could you possibly recommend some breathing exercises please?
    The best thing is breathe in slowly through the nose and out through the mouth. If there is a line in a song [or sometimes things like Christmas Carols are helpful] that is particularly long ,try really hard not to take a breath in between words. Can't think of any off hand, sorry. I have a Soprano voice, so all the songs I used to have to practice were quite classical/ Operatic. I don't have a commercial /contemporary sounding voice at all. I sing like a young choirboy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh just one other thing I remembered, and it might seem obvious, especially when I mentioned posture. Don't ever try and sing while you're sitting down. You need to be standing straight to really project that voice across the room as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    markova21 Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    markova21 Thank you so much!
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so, I rarely ever sing Lana in front of people/post any covers of Lana's songs because she is literally one of my favorite artists ever and I don't think that I can do her songs justice most of the time. I guess yesterday was one of those days when I felt more confident than usual. So, yeah, here is my cover of Video Games by Lana Del Rey.

Spoiler:
    Show

Again, no instrumental

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so, I rarely ever sing Lana in front of people/post any covers of Lana's songs because she is literally one of my favorite artists ever and I don't think that I can do her songs justice most of the time. I guess yesterday was one of those days when I felt more confident than usual. So, yeah, here is my cover of Video Games by Lana Del Rey.

Spoiler:
    Show

so good omgg :love:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Spoiler:
    Show

Your voice is amazing :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    so good omgg :love:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Your voice is amazing :adore:
    Thank you guys. I really appreciate that.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Damn :love:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Spoiler:
    Show

I didn't know you sing :shock: you have such a beautiful voice :fan:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Can NYE come now????

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

10/10 would duet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Damn :love:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I didn't know you sing :shock: you have such a beautiful voice :fan:
    Thank you lovelies. :hugs:

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    Can NYE come now????
    Why? :rofl:

(Original post by BlindingLight)
    10/10 would duet
    *whips out mic* I'm ready. :lol:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.