Turn on thread page Beta

What is your favourite conspiracy theory that turned out to be true? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    OK so how does that relate to the theory that the stuff coming out the back of modern aeroplanes is a chemical spraying experiment.
    Ok well we don't seem to be getting anywhere here. Would it please you if i changed my 2nd choice?

How about False flags? Government recording of webcams? CIA control of media?

ReputationRep:
    That the earth revolves around the sun.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fgn)
    Ok well we don't seem to be getting anywhere here. Would it please you if i changed my 2nd choice?

How about False flags? Government recording of webcams? CIA control of media?

Good day sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)

Good day sir.
    Mate i think it's you that needs the hat, these things are a matter of public record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgn)
    Hey Drewski, you must have a favourite?
    I just have pity for those that do believe them.

I understand where the beliefs come from, I get why they cling to them, why they place their faith in them. The theories are just another form of religion: people using ever stranger theories based on one or two fragments of knowledge from long ago in an attempt to shake off the feeling that the world is actually a chaotic place.

Conspiracy theorists are people who want to believe there's more to it than pure chance so they can rationalise their own place in the world and i completely get that.

It's all bolleaux, however.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fgn)
    Mate i think it's you that needs the hat, these things are a matter of public record.
    No, they're not. They're wikipedia publicised dross perpetuated by the clickbaiters who don't seem to be able to distinguish Science from some kind of chemtrail and homepathic induced fantasy world controlled by the rothchild-illuminati reptillian overlords.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I just have pity for those that do believe them.

I understand where the beliefs come from, I get why they cling to them, why they place their faith in them. The theories are just another form of religion: people using ever stranger theories based on one or two fragments of knowledge from long ago in an attempt to shake off the feeling that the world is actually a chaotic place.

Conspiracy theorists are people who want to believe there's more to it than pure chance so they can rationalise their own place in the world and i completely get that.

It's all bolleaux, however.
    Yeah, crazy ****ers, but this a for the true ones, you must have a favourite that turned out to be true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    No, they're not. They're wikipedia publicised dross perpetuated by the clickbaiters who don't seem to be able to distinguish Science from some kind of chemtrail and homepathic induced fantasy world controlled by the rothchild-illuminati reptillian overlords.
    What? Optic nerve never happened? You sound a little unhinged now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgn)
    Yeah, crazy ****ers, but this a for the true ones, you must have a favourite that turned out to be true?
    That I'm actually a pumpkin.

ReputationRep:
    That I'm actually a pumpkin.
    I guess not then, so why did you come in here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgn)
    I guess not then, so why did you come in here?
    Same reason as everyone else: laugh at those who do believe them.

ReputationRep:
    Same reason as everyone else: laugh at those who do believe them.
    To laugh at those that believe in the ones that turned out to be true? Bit odd, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fgn)
    To laugh at those that believe in the ones that turned out to be true? Bit odd, no?
    Except as has already been pointed out to you, the examples you're using haven't been proven true at all.

ReputationRep:
    Except as has already been pointed out to you, the examples you're using haven't been proven true at all.
    Now you're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist. Mkultra never happened, Optic nerve never happened, Porton Down never sprayed zinc cadmium sulphide? You best get the tinfoil out, next you'll be telling us the moon landings never happened.

ReputationRep:
    crop circles are actually created by aliens ?

ReputationRep:
    MKUltra is a personal favourite of mine. God bless 'Murricaland

ReputationRep:
    Actually, spraying one's own citizens with various chemicals is not at all some fantastically unlikely conspiracy theory, it's happened in a number of countries. In the US, various government agencies tested toxic chemicals and even nerve gases on (guess where) black neighbourhoods. The US army dumped the same zinc cadmium sulphide on St Louis and were doing it as late as 1965.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...echnology.html

The CIA and the FBI conspired to mass-release crack cocaine into black communities in the US during the 80s as part of the programme to fund the Contras in Nicaragua using the proceeds of the drug revenues.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_5961748.html

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.