Turn on thread page Beta

Why do so many people fail GCSE science? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Troll a different forum please. Thank you.
    Ze trolleng ez strong viz dis van

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuchaynz)
    Ze trolleng ez strong viz dis van
    Ya

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's due to the lack of revision and many people do not have the motivation or drive to take GCSEs seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelabtatpast)
    Lots of people I know that are really smart and scientific failed science with a D. Literally half my friends failed. Why is science so damn hard!!!!
    I don't understand this either; all you literally have to do is listen in class and do the homework and past papers done. They probably just messed about in class

ReputationRep:
    I dunno I got a B in GCSE chemistry and that was entirely from reading a revision guide the night before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I dunno I got a B in GCSE chemistry and that was entirely from reading a revision guide the night before.
    Nice I got a B in core and a C in additional science doing what you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelabtatpast)
    Nice I got a B in core and a C in additional science doing what you did.
    I went AAB biology phyics chemistry when my biology teacher had no confidence and my physics teacher was gonna enter me in the foundation paper, git gud

ReputationRep:
    core science was easy however i actually failed it and got a D. But the reason why i think i failed it was because i did it in year 10 when i wasnt ready at all and had absolutly no idea how significant it would be. The same thing actually happened with my friend. We both managed to pass additional science though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    core science was easy however i actually failed it and got a D. But the reason why i think i failed it was because i did it in year 10 when i wasnt ready at all and had absolutly no idea how significant it would be. The same thing actually happened with my friend. We both managed to pass additional science though
    Yeah lots of my friends got an E in core and a D in additional so did better in the harder science whilst I did better in core
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I failed Biology, because it was mind numbingly dull and I didn't care at all about the grade I got, my school also had a stupid system where you had to resit mock tests; the exact same paper, so I was resitting them every week, just asking people what the answers were and not learning anything to scrape a C. I scraped a pass in physics and chemistry because I didn't revise at all and had no idea what was going on in classes.

ReputationRep:
    ther triple science chemistry biology and physic

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me out i struggle from depression and anxiety, and im currently a D in science no matter what i do i cant remember anything anyone got revision tips

ReputationRep:
    because there simply not smart, but not dumb enough to be stupid

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.