Turn on thread page Beta

I can't bench the bar and gym workout routine watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaveyOmar)
    lol , if u just started goin gym den its pretty obv ur not gonna b able to lift any real weight. nd if u cant do push-ups(a full set), then do it to failure for now and just keep at it ,in two weeks time you should at least be able to do 10. so do at least 3 a day with like a 3 hour time period between each.

and if u cant do that den do some dumbbell bench press' 12reps 3 sets

nd if u cant do that... well, ***** u better start praying
    that bro-science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baqz786)
    Attachment 590206Attachment 590208

I have made this workout is this good for the first 2 weeks I will do this at least 3-4 times a week. It's a full body workout 5x5. What should I change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If u cant do bench press with the bar then thts too much volume imo. When i started working out i could barely bench 25 ish , i did 5x5 for several months and then progressed to split training.

ReputationRep:
    Start using the weight machines, lowest is usually around 5kg. Build yourself up slow and steady.

I will be honest and say I struggled with a 20kg when I first started couple months back, but that was mainly because I didn't exercise a lot, I was an unhealthy weight, and my form was all over the place. Even now I can only do about 35kg. Practice makes perfect, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'm gonna start on a smith machine for bench press coz I heard the bar only weighs much less than a regular bar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by baqz786)
    Thanks I'm gonna start on a smith machine for bench press coz I heard the bar only weighs much less than a regular bar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't do that, it's a great way to injure yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Don't do that, it's a great way to injure yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.