The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
elpaw
I think if they wanted to go on holiday to europe, they would have said "driving from UK all over europe anyone done it?" :tongue:

and if you want to be all touristy, why dont you suggest they take the car to france, spain, morocco, lybia, egypt, israel, lebanon, turkey, georgia, and through the urals etc

yes quite, though I hear Libya ( i think what you have spelt is something closer to a part of the female anatomy :wink: ) is lovely during the spring
Reply 21
Cossack
yes quite, though I hear Libya ( i think what you have spelt is something closer to a part of the female anatomy :wink: ) is lovely during the spring

Such nice people in libya, and those nuclear weapons plants are spectacular in spring!
Reply 22
elpaw
The shortest route would be to take a ferry to Calais (France), the E40 to Bruges (Belgium) then Gent, the E17 to Antwerp, the E34 towards Eindhoven (Holland) then Essen (Germany), Dortmund and Bielefeld, then take the E30, which will take you all the way to Moscow (Russia) via: Hannover, Berlin, Warsaw, Minsk, and Moscow

Thanks Elpaw were not actually doing the touring bit we usually go for 10 days travelling by plane from Manchester to Moscow via Frankfurt or Munich this takes 5.5 hours.
We then have to get a taxi from Shermeteivo airport to Domodedovo airport for an internal 2 hour flight to Mineralnie Vodi in South Russia relatives there then pick us up for a 4 hour car journey to Mrdnogorski the home of my wifes parents by which time we are definately ready for a glass of Russian vodka.

Its a wrench which takes fine planning and co ordinated detail.

As everyone who has been to Russia will know overstaying a visa is a serious thing there so a car journey would have to be executed with military precision !!!

Thanks for all the replies .............very interesting !!!
Reply 23
Ive been on a coach journey from Aylesbury to Krakow...that wasnt nice...it took about 30 hours, and that was with 2 drivers doing 3 hours each, taking in turns etc..wait at the polish border was ages, we were there for like 1hour. Then the roads in poland are awful. Apart from that the drive from Aylesbury to the polish border was fine..

Latest

Trending

Trending