Turn on thread page Beta

I have recieved some bad news watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    How did you feel becoming distant from the friends you had from school? Do you worry about being lonely in the future? What was it like being in a relationship with another person with Asperger's? Did it make it easier for you to get on, as you understood each other better? Also, what is it like having Asperger's as a female? I only ask, as most of the cases (c. 80%) are male.
    The distance came quite suddenly. It was almost an overnight thing, they stopped replying to messages. I think back to it now and wonder if they were ever really my friends, but I don't like to focus on past.
    I dislike being lonely, but I've got used to my own company and keep myself busy away from my studies. I tend to do projects and get very in depth with them. I also find myself becoming very focused on my job, perhaps more than I should. Back when I was in a relationship, we did understand each other. It wasn't really mentioned, but we did laugh about it.
    I'm afraid I can't answer your last question as I am part of the 80%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Ah okay, what are your interests? You could try joining societies.

I like politics, but I'll never have the social skills to get far in it. Societies are good, but I don't really like the feel of the taster days I attended. Too much privilege. Also, the work is hard enough without taking time off for societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metasysta)
    The distance came quite suddenly. It was almost an overnight thing, they stopped replying to messages. I think back to it now and wonder if they were ever really my friends, but I don't like to focus on past.
    I dislike being lonely, but I've got used to my own company and keep myself busy away from my studies. I tend to do projects and get very in depth with them. I also find myself becoming very focused on my job, perhaps more than I should. Back when I was in a relationship, we did understand each other. It wasn't really mentioned, but we did laugh about it.
    I'm afraid I can't answer your last question as I am part of the 80%.
    That's how I feel with my friends - a lot just stopped responding, and I felt really upset. I always worry also that I will never be able to get a job with Asperger's. Which type of job do you do? Does Asperger's help you focus more and do better in your job? When I came to this University, I had dreams of becoming a polititian. Now, I just want to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    That's how I feel with my friends - a lot just stopped responding, and I felt really upset. I always worry also that I will never be able to get a job with Asperger's. Which type of job do you do? Does Asperger's help you focus more and do better in your job? When I came to this University, I had dreams of becoming a polititian. Now, I just want to be happy.
    Tbh, I have nothing else to compare it to. Also, happiness is achievable, you just have to go out there and find it.

ReputationRep:
    I am in my first year at university. I am affected moderately by it, which means that I have no social skills, and am unable to make friends.
    Try going to groups where people share your interests and take an interest in them. Great friendships aren't built overnight

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.