(Original post by marcuskhoo)
    "I'm leaving"
    Cheerio :wavey:

"i don't want to talk to you"
    So don't :dontknow:

"can we breakup"
    Sure we can break up, do you want me to dump your ass? :eyeball:

Bear with it
    No thanks love, I'm down for an adult relationship, founded on mutual respect and dependability

how can I help her to change?
    One word: leadership

ReputationRep:
    Chuck #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    You can't help her change if she doesn't want to. You've been together for such a short time for these things to be happening, she sounds ridiculous.

My honest advice is to leave her be.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a girlfriend like that, luckily I lived 300 miles away.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bro, I'll talk to her one day about it. Is there any advices you'll like to give? Thanks btw.

If i was you, i would leave. I know its easier said than done but you been with her for 2 months and you already have issues. Ask yourself, do you see this relationship going somewhere?You seem like a very passive and easy going person, so she might just be taking advantage of you.

ReputationRep:
    That time of the month, perhaps? or is she always like this?

Advice, stay away from people like this. People who feel entitled to mistreat others are not healthy company.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've been given a lot of advice and a lot of diagnosis! The question is how often does this happen and are you willing to put up with her when she behaves that way? She needs some maturing. It is possible, but unlikely, that she actually does have a personality disorder of some sort.... but she'd likely have other symptoms/issues as well. Anyway, if that were to be the case, if she wants to change then it is certainly possible w/ good counseling. There are people who are bipolar (and I don't think she is) and with borderline personality disorder who live regular and symptom free lives. They have to want to make the changes though and it isn't anything they can change on their own.
    Most likely, you girlfriend is young and immature and has gotten her way when she fusses. She needs some social training by you as to what is acceptable, especially since you are her first boyfriend. She is still learning and these things don't just come naturally to everyone. She needs to see that there are consequences when she treats people poorly especially if there is no reason for it. So if you want to stay together help her to understand how her behavior impacts you, don't be afraid to walk away as a consequence to her behavior and most of all lay the ground rules of what you will and won't accept so you don't become a doormat to her. That being said there also needs to be a good measure of understanding. Communication will be vital as you work through this. I definitely feel there is hope for your future together but if you don't see changes in the right direction after a reasonable period you need to be willing to walk away. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate, i don't understand the abbrevation "SHD" do you mind to elaborate? Thanks
    SHD It's the same as NBGF

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2016
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.