Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by JessicaApple)
    There are aspects of it I do find very interesting.

Spoiler:
    Show

If I'm honest, of course animals seem more interesting to me But then the job prospects...
    VetMed? Yeah especially in HK... I personally detest law but can't apply for med in HK cuz I can't speak Cantonese... Animals are way more interesting then stuffy laws

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    VetMed? Yeah especially in HK... I personally detest law but can't apply for med in HK cuz I can't speak Cantonese... Animals are way more interesting then stuffy laws

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't apply to VetMed because I don't have chemistry!!! Not taking chemistry was the worst decision of my life

Maybe I'll work for a while in the UK after getting my Zoology degree then apply for graduate VetMed I'd be able to pay local fees then...but that's way too far into the faraway future!

Yes I do agree that animals are much more interesting
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Can't apply to VetMed because I don't have chemistry!!! Not taking chemistry was the worst decision of my life

Maybe I'll work for a while in the UK after getting my Zoology degree then apply for graduate VetMed I'd be able to pay local fees then...but that's way too far into the faraway future!

Yes I do agree that animals are much more interesting
    Don't dwell on it I took English at HL and I consider that a mistake but it's over now.

Hahaha yeah local fees are good...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone apply for Econ and finance at HKU? What are your AS level grades ?
    I get AAA in maths further maths and physics and didn't do AS level Econ cuz it's reformed

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    But I thought Oxford gave out offers in January? Don't we only have like 2 weeks to pay the deposit for HKU? Or is it different for local/international applicants?

I'm sorry if I'm completely off! I'm not entirely sure
    i don't know about the other school just based on my experience at cambridge last year. as for the deposit, most of my mates would ended up just paying it, cause 1. they fear that they could not meet requirements in ucas, and ended up in some crappy polytechnics down high street which is much worst than hk unis 2. cause they have too much money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    i don't know about the other school just based on my experience at cambridge last year. as for the deposit, most of my mates would ended up just paying it, cause 1. they fear that they could not meet requirements in ucas, and ended up in some crappy polytechnics down high street which is much worst than hk unis 2. cause they have too much money.
    What uni do u go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceana Liang)
    What uni do u go
    imperial
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks!
    But I thought Oxford gave out offers in January? Don't we only have like 2 weeks to pay the deposit for HKU? Or is it different for local/international applicants?

I'm sorry if I'm completely off! I'm not entirely sure
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...cisions?wssl=1

Oxford offers come out January 11th... but I do not think we will get them until later because they are sent by paper...

ReputationRep:

Oxford offers come out January 11th... but I do not think we will get them until later because they are sent by paper...
    my rejection letter came 5 days after the proposed date that is listed in the web

ReputationRep:

Aw that's such a bummer...
    In that case, I'll be applying thorough regular in case the HKU offer comes too early before the Oxford one. (Doubt I'll get any irl lol)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Aw that's such a bummer...
    In that case, I'll be applying thorough regular in case the HKU offer comes too early before the Oxford one. (Doubt I'll get any irl lol)
    imo me too, but I will apply for main round probably as well for HKU

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

I have been waiting for this thread since the results came out in August..!

So...I have applied for BBA at HKU, CU and UST via fast track.

I am currently studying my final A2 year in the UK.
    My As grades are AAAA in Chinese, Business Studies, ICT and Maths
    My predicted grades for A2 are also AAAA in the same subjects.
    I also received a banding score of 8.0 in my IELTS with the sub-scores being 8.5 in listening and speaking, 8.0 in reading and 6.5 in writing.

Could anyone possibly tell me if I even have a chance this year for admission to any of the HK universities? Coz I have heard that it is very very competitive and there aren't many spaces for non jupas applicants.

Thank you all in advance,
    Wish everyone the best of luck in their application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wuj)
    Hey all!

I also received a banding score of 8.0 in my IELTS with the sub-scores being 8.5 in listening and speaking, 8.0 in reading and 6.5 in writing.

Could anyone possibly tell me if I even have a chance this year for admission to any of the HK universities? Coz I have heard that it is very very competitive and there aren't many spaces for non jupas applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your grades and IELTS are excellent. But an A* in maths would be better. I think u probably would get a change to be interviewed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wuj)
    Hey all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1. they don't consider chinese , 2. not sure how they valued business and ICT especially the former.

ReputationRep:
    just finished my application for cuhk fast track, i put linguistics, english and engineering as my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices
    panicking rn because i know for linguistics there are only 20 intake quota for jupas students? idk how much non-jupas students they will have but i presume just as few?
    also im doing maths, physics and computer science a2. honestly i dont think i will end up with great results. what are my chances of getting into cuhk? the only other (sort of) significant thing/achievement i can provide is my ielts result? got 8.0 overall and 9.0, 9.0, 7.5, 6.5 in listening, reading, speaking and writing respectively.
    im seriously freaking out im planning to apply to every single uni in hk but i'd love to go to cuhk. what are my odds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yonniey)
    just finished my application for cuhk fast track, i put linguistics, english and engineering as my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices
    panicking rn because i know for linguistics there are only 20 intake quota for jupas students? idk how much non-jupas students they will have but i presume just as few?
    also im doing maths, physics and computer science a2. honestly i dont think i will end up with great results. what are my chances of getting into cuhk? the only other (sort of) significant thing/achievement i can provide is my ielts result? got 8.0 overall and 9.0, 9.0, 7.5, 6.5 in listening, reading, speaking and writing respectively.
    im seriously freaking out im planning to apply to every single uni in hk but i'd love to go to cuhk. what are my odds?
    tbh these combination of subjects with this choices of uni course is awkward, i didn't know much about linguistics, but you could check about the DSE mean scores for each subject to find out how competitive is it, more or less the same with non-jupas (in fact non-jupas is more inconsistent in accepting students, so)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I was hoping there would be a forum for the 2017 admissions. Anyone applying to medicine at CUHK and HKU?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by daisyclouds)
    Hi everyone! I was hoping there would be a forum for the 2017 admissions. Anyone applying to medicine at CUHK and HKU?
    I have a friend who is, I personally do not meet the requirements are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who is, I personally do not meet the requirements are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am! May I ask what your friend's requirements are?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by daisyclouds)
    Yes I am! May I ask what your friend's requirements are?
    Predicted 44 IB or 43 IB I think with 776 in HL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.