Turn on thread page Beta

Chemistry AS question im baffled....titration watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmab13)
    Awh thank you!!!!
    Yeh I really liked Keele Ah thats so good, congrats to your friend, you'll get offers soon don't worry!
    I probably wrote about a third extracurricular and then a third on my 3 chosen subjects mentioning lab work, extra history of medicine reading etc, and then a third on relevant work experience and research I'd done and what I was looking forward to studying. Took me a month to write it, don't stress about it aha, it will kind of grow!!
    Same, Keele's amazing!! Ah hope so ahaha thank you!! Oohh right, thanks! It's probs the most stressful part of the whole process, can't wait til mine's finished!!

ReputationRep:
    Aha, we're like opposite then. Well something I would say is draw out all your organic reactions and the condtions for them in a big mind map or something because I struggle with memorising them!
    I do OCR A Bio, and OCR B Chem - do you have to do Practical Books ?
    And my predicted grades, I did like mock AS's back in June because our school didnt see the point in us doing actual AS Exams. I got ECB, Chem, Bio, Hist.
    I then retook some AS Mocks in September after a lot of work and got BAA Chem, Bio, Hist and then I talked to my head of year and form tutor and subject teachers and we all kind of agreed predicted grades together. Every school will do it different I guess, but my original predicted grades were DBA so don't worry if yours start low!
    Wow! Thats an amazing jump!!!! And yeah i guess it differs from school to school, my school is said to be good with grades and stuff, but its all theory, im a latymer stufent, you might know the school? But my teacher said our AS grades will be our A2 predicted grades. But you've been an amzing source of help, you cleared up manyyyyy things of mine x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricardo_va)
    Wow! Thats an amazing jump!!!! And yeah i guess it differs from school to school, my school is said to be good with grades and stuff, but its all theory, im a latymer stufent, you might know the school? But my teacher said our AS grades will be our A2 predicted grades. But you've been an amzing source of help, you cleared up manyyyyy things of mine x
    Thanks, yeh I spent quite a stressful summer! Don't worry about it though, I'm happy to help aha. We got told the same with our AS's but don't worry about it too much, if they're not great the school will adjust them - they don't want to not give yout the best chance to get into your top uni! I think I have heard of Latymer's, central London right? I'm in Kent a TWGGS girl now, but I was at Weald of Kent. They're both grammar schools, controversial

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeh I spent quite a stressful summer! Don't worry about it though, I'm happy to help aha. We got told the same with our AS's but don't worry about it too much, if they're not great the school will adjust them - they don't want to not give yout the best chance to get into your top uni! I think I have heard of Latymer's, central London right? I'm in Kent a TWGGS girl now, but I was at Weald of Kent. They're both grammar schools, controversial
    Yeah, im a londoner🖖, i just realised i forgot to thank you for the chrmietry question answer , but thanks for everything you was prob more help than all my teachers xcombines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricardo_va)
    Yeah, im a londoner🖖, i just realised i forgot to thank you for the chrmietry question answer , but thanks for everything you was prob more help than all my teachers xcombines

Ahh Londoner :cool: , does that make me posh aha!?? Awh dont worry - if you have any other questions just pm me & I can try and help I didn't have a teacher for year 10 so I know what its like to have useless teachers!!x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.