Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Well you should be.
    *finds that time machine i built the other day*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Going on parents, because I don't have a job: You are in the top 0,001% richest people in the world.
    Same here, it's quite depressing though...because it goes to show how much poverty there is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Same here, it's quite depressing though...because it goes to show how much poverty there is
    *Feels bad*

ReputationRep:
    Just did it on my own income, rather than my parents. I only work 24 days a year...yet it's still within the top 15%! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's weird how most people would say the highest and lowest (legal...) annual incomes in the UK differ greatly, yet they're still within the top 12% or so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It's weird how most people would say the highest and lowest (legal...) annual incomes in the UK differ greatly, yet they're still within the top 12% or so...
    Apperently the average hourly wage is £0.36, thats just depressing considering there are people who make upto £1,000 an hour. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why's this been posted twice?

ReputationRep:
    I only earn £60 a week but there are 5,141,930,142 people poorer than me. I'm so happy.

ReputationRep:
    The poor have no one to blame but themselves, right guys! :rolleyes:

Edit: Comparative advantage, right?

Edit2: But if we used PPP$.....

Edit3: Oh shi...

Edit4: No war but the class war!

ReputationRep:
    On parents' income:
    "You are in the top 0,001% richest people in the world.
    You don¹t need to know any more than that (and besides our calculator can't do sums that big)."

Inserting an approximation of my spending (including school fees, appartment rent etc.) as income:
    "You are in the top 0.751% richest people in the world.
    There are 5,954,909,735 people poorer than you."

Pretty frightening to see it from this perspective.

ReputationRep:
    My parents income: You are in the top 5.26% richest people in the world.

My income now (I''m only 17): You are in the top 86.66% richest people in the world. Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 5,200,000,000 richest person in the world.

Eeeeeee if it weren't for me mummy.....

Incidentally, what I aim to be earning myself in 10 years time.....

You are in the top 0.006% richest people in the world. You are the 394,765 richest person in the world. Nice.

ReputationRep:

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 36,151,165 richest person in the world.

Isn't that so cool?

ReputationRep:
    on my gap year in china i will earn 1500 yuan a month (appr. £115). Even this low wage in a 2nd world country works out to be within the top 14.92% and I'm richer than 5,104,649,935 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yeah, combined parents income though.
    your parents earn over 100k a year?!?!?!?!?

WOAH! My mum is lucky to scrape 10k!

ReputationRep:
    my family :You are in the top 0.443% richest people in the world.
    There are 5,973,383,875 people poorer than you.
    not bad from a single parent family

but on the money i made last year according to the tax man: You are in the top 31.51% richest people in the world.
    There are 4,108,977,556 people poorer than you.

it does make a big diffrence and emphasises why i need my dad to survive!

seen as thers a million peope in india...and nearly as many in china... that brings it down significantly!

edit: i just realised my dad earns £50 an hour!! and i think my £5.33 an hour is amazing!!!

i technically earned 57p an hour last year! oh the tax man must love me!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    my god i'm actually rich!

and you can't included your parents wage thats cheating

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.