Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Me is scared of water

I did get a 10m swimming badge when I was younger though!

You'll only catch me rowing in a gym :rolleyes:

If you are scared of water, why on earth did you apply to Girton for the swimming pool. Or did you really apply there because it was the furthest college from the river, thus cleverly evading the Cam?

ReputationRep:
    Or is it your clever trick to avoid rowing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    If you are scared of water, why on earth did you apply to Girton for the swimming pool. Or did you really apply there because it was the furthest college from the river, thus cleverly evading the Cam?
    No, sure everyone knows I live in a bathtub! Shallow water is ok, I just like to be able to stand up in it

ReputationRep:
    i believe that describes a significant portion of the cam, or at least in front of the boathouses... :rolleyes: (good thing when you capsize in a scull...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    No, sure everyone knows I live in a bathtub! Shallow water is ok, I just like to be able to stand up in it
    You spend all your time swimming at the shallow end? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you've got to give rowing a go, there's loads of novices every year; it's not all public school boys.

ReputationRep:
    I think tennis is a good sport to take up university if you're willing to give it a try - I presume Cambridge have tennis courts and excellent facilities, and you can play doubles etc. if you choose to.

Just a thought, but whatever floats your boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    whatever floats your boat.
    For me, that would be water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    For me, that would be water.
    You could try concentrated sulphuric acid or a variety of other viscous liquids... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    You spend all your time swimming at the shallow end? :confused:
    No, I was exaggerating somewhat... I'm not that scared of water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    mixed lacrosse is fun as well.
    Argh, girls' lacrosse scares me enough - I'm too fragile for such violent sports - but mixed lacrosse, that just brings a whole new level of pain.

So, everyone's scared of water - who's gonna come swimming with me then? And on the subject, does anyone know where I can out stuff about the university swimming team, (not the club website, I've looked there) I need to know about what kit I need to bring for training etc ... anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kath)
    Argh, girls' lacrosse scares me enough - I'm too fragile for such violent sports - but mixed lacrosse, that just brings a whole new level of pain.

So, everyone's scared of water - who's gonna come swimming with me then? And on the subject, does anyone know where I can out stuff about the university swimming team, (not the club website, I've looked there) I need to know about what kit I need to bring for training etc ... anyone?
    Violent sports are fun! Rugby!!! I won't be playing at uni though....i'm far too short be able to play without being harmed!!!!

I suppose you'll find out about the different clubs and stuff during fresher's week???

G

ReputationRep:
    I think they have a freshers fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I think they have a freshers fair
    What's do you reckon that'd be like then??? Would it be like....a bunch of stall set out...and you walk around and sign up for stuff??????? :confused:

G

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it. Quite a lot of stalls though I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Sounds like it. Quite a lot of stalls though I think.
    So does each college hold their own fair??? Or is there like..a gigantic university one?? OR BOTH?!?!!?

G

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a uni-wide thing. After all, with the exception of sports, most societies are uni-wide right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I suppose you'll find out about the different clubs and stuff during fresher's week???
    Freshers' fair is in Kelsey Kerridge, and there you sign of for uni wide societies. There will also be some equivalent organised at college level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    Freshers' fair is in Kelsey Kerridge, and there you sign of for uni wide societies. There will also be some equivalent organised at college level.
    Ah..ok then...that's cool.

I don't suppose you know whether Caius college rugby is at a high level...or more of a jokey fun one??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Ah..ok then...that's cool.

I don't suppose you know whether Caius college rugby is at a high level...or more of a jokey fun one??
    There are normally two (sometimes three) teams at college level, of varying levels of skill, competitiveness, and suchlike. There is likely to be a team in which people most get together to play for fun (rather like the Trinity third pool team which I am a proud member of).

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.