Turn on thread page Beta

Do you care about your parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    2 people who should always be respected....

1) The teacher, the one who impacts knowledge onto his students (what they call the guru in hinduism, represented by the planet Jupiter)
    2) The parents (the ones who brought you into this world and 99% of the time give the most **** about you)

When you don't respect your parents and when you don't respect your teachers, you are unfit to claim you are a human.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    I do understand those whose parents abandoned them or didnt treat them properly, and in that case, i wouldnt blame the child/adult for completely lose contact with them after they grow up ((hell, id probably do that if i was in their place))
    the people im talking about are those whose parents did treat them as their child
    I guess for each person it's subjective whether or not they are happy with how their parents treated them, they could have fed and clothed someone but never been there for them emotionally i could understand a lack of contact with them then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Financial independence is good for them. You're off yer nut
    You don't get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I guess for each person it's subjective whether or not they are happy with how their parents treated them, they could have fed and clothed someone but never been there for them emotionally i could understand a lack of contact with them then.
    lack of contact, yes
    loss of contact,no
    Spoiler:
    Show

...in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    Sorry not buying it at all, you can dress it up as much as you want but it clearly sounds to me as if it benefits YOU more to remain at home with your parents indefinitely.

I'm going to (most likely rightly) assume that you are from a different culture therefore that's how things are done in your family. Either east or south Asian so if that works for you then so be it but it pisses me off everytime people try to project their views on everyone else

See where I come from it's actually considered to be more of a burden to remain at home with your parents forever and live on their handouts
    Sure it's probably nice for them to have their family around you but pointless if you are not chipping in So the reason why most people want to be financially independent is so that their parents don't have to work themselves into an early grave trying to feed, clothes and shelter their 40year old children

Also there's a reason why old people tend to be the ones who complain the most about young kids being erratic and playing their music too loud. See when they reach a certain age they become annoyed more easily (just comes with getting old) and whilst it may seem nice to have the family around I don't think they will appreciate it much when you move your wife in and now they are sharing a home with their several children, their children's spouses and 10-15 screaming children on top of that
    THAT is why most people WANT to be successful and independent, to make their parents lives easier than more difficult.

I don't know where you got the idea from that moving out automatically means you are turning your back on your family. Ever heard of... visiting? Or is it considered some sort of taboo in your culture to move out? Do you become 'dead' to your parents if you try to leave??
    Either way, I don't envy your life much, especially when you being sexually active some day but have to keep it quiet as you don't want to wake your parents in the next room...
    You took what I said the wrong way, and also your assumption is incorrect. What is with the hostile approach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    So did both sets of your grandparents live with your parents forever or did your parents eventually move into their own home?
    If they moved out does that mean they didn't care about them either?

Sorry but your assumption is pretty dumb. I suggest you stop thinking so much
    Name calling is such a crude instrument. It's used by children. Are you a child, Allie4?

ReputationRep:
    Yup and couldnt stand a person who disrespects parents and/or the elderly for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    no its not
    they treated you so sincerely
    they loved you so much, theyd rather they get hurt and see you live a perfectly happy life
    people who have the mindset are selfish
    she couldve had an abortion, but she didnt because she had hope in a son who would love her as much as she does
    who would care for her as much as she does
    is that what your parents deserve after YEARS of taking care of you and putting up with your sh*t?!
    No he didn't he never truly did.

How can their off spring respect a dad who

1. lies
    2. has a huge ego
    3. never accepts he's wrong
    4. gives silence when you've completely destroyed his argument(which wasn't right in the first place), spends loads of money on things which could be spent more wisely
    5. plays candy crush all day
    6. watches films all day
    7. womanises
    8. cheats on his wife
    9. hides the problem from his children by telling them all they need to know is that we're in massive debt and the kids don't need to know anything about what's happening between him and my mum
    10. argues fruitlessly with points which show me he's wrong such as yea i took your rent when the property was in my mums name
    11. takes money from behind my mums back
    12. doesn't keep promises
    13. only wants money and calls my mum out for wanting money to cover up his want of it
    14. never listens to his spouse and thinks all his business decisions are always right
    15. makes his wife do everything, i.e do the paperwork and deal with all the letters while still looking after the kids and doing her motherly duties such as washing up and washing clothes and looking after the house
    16. wants to make my mum a pauper with no money
    17. has no actual logic(his logic is screwed up beyond belief)
    18. lies to his children about the money saying his wife took all the money when all the money was hers anyway
    19. refuses to get a part time job when asked

Do you think i could ever respect someone like this? NO I WILL NEVER EVER RESPECT SOMEONE WHO IS LIKE THIS NEVER. I'm sure you wouldn't either. He's given my mum **** so he can have some back in return, retribution is suitable.

After years and years and DAM YEARS of bs my mum had to put up with, give me any one good reason why i should ever respect my withering husk of a dad, why should i respect this sack of ****. If you say because they made you, you should respect them you can **** right off. That's an extremely poor excuse for a pathetic dad like mine.

ReputationRep:
    I personally have undergone hard times with my parents lately and I relish the thought of soon being able to fly the coop later on in life. However, I do still appreciate everything they've done for me, despite our differences.
    I love them to bits and I just want for them to not have to baby me anymore.
    :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darksideous)
    Name calling is such a crude instrument. It's used by children. Are you a child, Allie4?
    Coming from the guy who wants to live with his parents forever... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp)

1. lies
    2. has a huge ego
    4. gives silence when you've completely destroyed his argument(which wasn't right in the first place), spends loads of money on things which could be spent more wisely
    6. watches films all day
    7. womanises
    8. cheats on his wife
    9. hides the problem from his children by telling them all they need to know is that we're in massive debt and the kids don't need to know anything about what's happening between him and my mum
    10. argues fruitlessly with points which show me he's wrong such as yea i took your rent when the property was in my mums name
    13. only wants money and calls my mum out for wanting money to cover up his want of it
    14. never listens to his spouse and thinks all his business decisions are always right
    15. makes his wife do everything, i.e do the paperwork and deal with all the letters while still looking after the kids and doing her motherly duties such as washing up and washing clothes and looking after the house
    18. lies to his children about the money saying his wife took all the money when all the money was hers anyway

Do you think i could ever respect someone like this? NO I WILL NEVER EVER RESPECT SOMEONE WHO IS LIKE THIS NEVER. I'm sure you wouldn't either. He's given my mum **** so he can have some back in return, retribution is suitable.

After years and years and DAM YEARS of bs my mum had to put up with, give me any one good reason why i should ever respect my withering husk of a dad, why should i respect this sack of ****. If you say because they made you, you should respect them you can **** right off. That's an extremely poor excuse for a pathetic dad like mine.
    O.O

ReputationRep:

1. lies
    2. has a huge ego
    6. watches films all day
    7. womanises
    8. cheats on his wife

as i said before, I do understand those whose parents didn't treat them like a true father to not respect one of their parents, and would most probably do the same if i were in your place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Coming from the guy who wants to live with his parents forever...
    I never said I want to live with my parents forever, you are terribly misinformed.

ReputationRep:
    O.O
    Feelsbadman, i hate it for almost anything he does now, even simply coming to disturb me from my work to ask me some question about life and giving me a dam life lecture >.>
    as i said before, I do understand those whose parents didn't treat them like a true father to not respect one of their parents, and would most probably do the same if i were in your place
    However i do respect the **** out of my mum, she's the dam best mum i'm sure anyone could ever have.

ReputationRep:
    Feelsbadman, i hate it for almost anything he does now, even simply coming to disturb me from my work to ask me some question about life and giving me a dam life lecture >.>

However i do respect the **** out of my mum, she's the dam best mum i'm sure anyone could ever have.
    I get what you mean, must have been really tough.

ReputationRep:

and thats what matters

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean, must have been really tough.
    With my personality not really no, when i learned of what he did, i kinda expected it because of the bs he pulls all the time and just tells you to do it yourself, basically he expects me to **** off and do everything myself anyway when i'm not even 18 yet.

ReputationRep:
    This has to depend a lot on the relationships you have and their situation. I have a sister and when I talk about it with her, we agree that we will never be able to repay all that our parents and grandparents have done for us - that doesn't mean we won't strive to be a success in our own ways, but if you're lucky and have had supportive parents able to do a lot for you, there are limits to what you can return. Just feel very lucky basically. However, I don't guilt trip over it - they did/do it for us because they love us. We love them. There really is no substitute for closeness within the family.

ReputationRep:
    I never said I want to live with my parents forever, you are terribly misinformed.
    Well you weren't being specific in your original post (which you've now changed)
    So you've actually read threads where people have said 'I want to become financially independent and never see my parents again)?
    As some of the above posters have pointed out, everyone has their own reasons for wanting to do things. And just like will'o'wisp I will never ever turn my back on my mother but would gladly turn it on my 'father'. Why not, after all he turned his back on me... never saw the guy except when he needed to use us

ReputationRep:
    and thats what matters
    yup, she's all that matter in my life in terms of parents

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.