The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading - 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mahesh114
The University Of Reading is the only university that hasnt replied to my application yet. I sent it off Friday 3rd November. Applying for the Accounting And Finance course, its my firm choice. I also applied for the Reading Scholars programme, nothing from that yet either. My grades are A* (EPQ) A B C . The course expects AAB-ABB. Really want to go here!

Those are good grades, ABC is basically BBB and an A* at EPQ is like an A at A Level so that's like ABBB, which is like AAB as two Bs are same as an A! That's how I'd look at it anyway. Good luck. Reading will also be my first choice if I get an offer, loved the look of the course and the campus on the open day. :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by SabbyCat
Those are good grades, ABC is basically BBB and an A* at EPQ is like an A at A Level so that's like ABBB, which is like AAB as two Bs are same as an A! That's how I'd look at it anyway. Good luck. Reading will also be my first choice if I get an offer, loved the look of the course and the campus on the open day. :smile:

I think the A*ABC is basically ABB yeah so i pray they give me a conditional xD The scholarship programme guarantees a conditional if you attend a 4 events. I loved going on the campus on open day, its literally its own little town! The course felt great, the lecturers were confident in what they were doing, it felt great overall. Good luck to you too! Maybe i might see you there fingers crossed we both get in ;P
Reply 22
I have an offer of ABB (If i put it as my firm) for Comsumer behaviour and marketing as of yesterday took a month to come through! seeing as its the only uni ive applied to it will definitely be my firm, Hope you guys all get your offers! :smile:
I think the A*ABC is basically ABB yeah so i pray they give me a conditional xD The scholarship programme guarantees a conditional if you attend a 4 events. I loved going on the campus on open day, its literally its own little town! The course felt great, the lecturers were confident in what they were doing, it felt great overall. Good luck to you too! Maybe i might see you there fingers crossed we both get in ;P

Indeed, really hope so. What's the scholarship programme, is there one for other subjects too? What four events are there? I haven't heard of those..
Original post by SabbyCat
Indeed, really hope so. What's the scholarship programme, is there one for other subjects too? What four events are there? I haven't heard of those..

Applications ended 4th November. my college told me about it, i knew of it last year. You gotta go to 4 events (1 being a two days summer school)
if you attend all 4 plus stay in contact with your 'e-mentor' (i.e a student already in that course) then they offer you a conditional offer. I think the strands were mathematics, science arts and english ??
Applications ended 4th November. my college told me about it, i knew of it last year. You gotta go to 4 events (1 being a two days summer school)
if you attend all 4 plus stay in contact with your 'e-mentor' (i.e a student already in that course) then they offer you a conditional offer. I think the strands were mathematics, science arts and english ??

Oh nooooo, literally kicking myself for not knowing about this…
Original post by Mvoykov
Hi Mark,

Do you know someone who is actually doing the biological sciences degree and if yes, how they are finding it? Do they have opportunities to do like an industrial experience or abroad?

Thanks

Hi Mvoykov,
I know several people that do the Biological Sciences and really enjoy it :smile:; As Reading is a research intensive university; much of the content that is learnt comes from research conducted by the academics that are teaching you; meaning something that is researched by your lecturers one year could be part of one of your modules in another.

There are plenty of opportunities for an Industrial Placement and we have a dedicated careers team on hand to support you.

We also have opportunities for Study Abroad programme, at the present for Biological Sciences we have opportunities at:
- Universite de Perpignan, France
- University of Akureyi, Iceland
- Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Mark
Final Year Accounting and Management
Original post by Mvoykov
Hi, i've aplied in the middle of October and just got an offer. Dont worry you will probably get an email in the upcoming weeks! Good luck!

Original post by UltimateWorrier
Got an offer for history and ancient history :smile:

Original post by aj179
Just heard back from reading for one of the courses I applied for, good luck everyone!

Original post by banana222
I think they have started giving out offers for some courses just got one x

Congratulations on your offers :smile:

Mark
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't forget about the £1000 Scholars bursary as well :biggrin:

Admissions are working through all the UCAS applications, so rest assured if you have chosen Reading as one your 5 choices, we will definitely be in touch with a decision soon. If in doubt or want to double check you can contact admissions at [email protected]

Mark :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by UniofReading
Don't forget about the £1000 Scholars bursary as well :biggrin:

Admissions are working through all the UCAS applications, so rest assured if you have chosen Reading as one your 5 choices, we will definitely be in touch with a decision soon. If in doubt or want to double check you can contact admissions at [email protected]

Just being curious, when are going to be the applicants visit days or it varies every year?
Thanks!
Original post by Mvoykov
Just being curious, when are going to be the applicants visit days or it varies every year?
Thanks!

I think it varies every year not too sure to be honest.
I'm sending off my application next week and I'm applying for Modern Languages and European studies 😄
Reply 32
@UniofReading When will Reading begin inviting applicants for interviews for Pharmacy? Neither me nor anyone I know has heard back from you yet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Has anyone applied to do international development?
ANyone know about the scholarship programmes that let you get a guaranteed ofer from READING UNI if you attend 4 events there?
Hey guys,
I've applied for Computer Science with Industrial Year and have been waiting for their reply since the middle of October.

Has anyone applied for CS? Did you get the offer?:smile:

<Update> Got it! AAB, work work work :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an offer for maths need to get ABC, has anyone got an email about any applicant days?
Just got my offer!!! Was starting to get worried but I got a conditional for Accounting And Finance with AAB (i got a B already) so AA ! Now to wait for the scholarship to come back :biggrin:
Reply 38
So last week I got my offer of ABB for consumer behaviour and marketing without the placement year. Reading is the only university I have applied to and the course I really want to be on is consumer behaviour and marketing with the placement year but I applied to both just in case one of them failed because I love the course so much I wanted to get every chance I could to get on with or without placement. I'm really confused why I haven't got an offer for both and I'm not sure if I should worry or not as I thought they would come through at the same time?Any thoughts?
Original post by UniofReading
I have created this thread for those looking to enrol next year and to close the older (2016) thread.

Hi there Mark! So I received my offer yesterday (Really chuffed! I have alot of work to do now to achieve this goal :biggrin:) But i also applied for the Reading Scholars program. I still haven't heard anything back yet and the first 'event' is in December. When do we find out?

Mahesh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending