Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's probably a good thing, You'll be much less naive than 95% of people at uni and end up actually making the best of what's available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalKi)
    Hi Guys Im a 21 year old guy now and if i go Uni next year Ill be 22, is this too old to go to uni? i dont mean too old to learn but will i be too old to fit in if i live in Uni Halls ?

i could be 4 years older than people im living with is that too much?

im quite worried about this

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    not really the chairman of my society was 28 i had no idea until he told me.

ReputationRep:
    I started this year as a 22 year old and I'm not the oldest on my course with a fair few of us in the 21-25 year range. It might feel like a big age difference but I quickly learned it isn't.

If anything you're at a good age. The 18 year olds seem to have a run out of money very quickly. You're old enough to budget and know a little better.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, you made my day! I'm 53 now, thinking to go to Uni, need to improve my english first but my kids are there already and always incentive me . Thank u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana Santos)
    Oh my God, you made my day! I'm 53 now, thinking to go to Uni, need to improve my english first but my kids are there already and always incentive me . Thank u!
    Don't worry Ana, I'm 47 and just started in my first year.
    The weird thing is not the young students, it is the younger lecturers!

ReputationRep:
    When I first started last year, my mentor kept telling me that I was more worried about my age than anyone else, and she turned out to be right. Nearly 69 in 2nd year. And, st*r, you're right about the lecturers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    I'm 68, in my 2nd year at uni.. X
    Uni is my dream, you are brialliant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.