Turn on thread page Beta

I am a Bulgarian, AMA. watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you like your country ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    Is Hristo Stoichkov the most famous Bulgarian? I can't think of any others.
    Well, that's hard to say but if you haven't heard of another one, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Do you speak russian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anebris59)
    Do you speak russian?
    No, but I can understand about 50 percent when they speak, and nearly 90 when I read something in Russian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moon Man)
    Are there are a lot of kebabs in Bulgaria?
    Remove Kebab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Remove Kebab.
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denkata)
    Huh?
    It is a joke that is basically saying Remove Turkish people from Serbia and that area. It came about after 3 patriotic Bulgarian men made a song and someone did a parody of it. that is where the phrase remove kebab comes from.

Its just a bit of a joke

ReputationRep:
    It is a joke that is basically saying Remove Turkish people from Serbia and that area. It came about after 3 patriotic Bulgarian men made a song and someone did a parody of it. that is where the phrase remove kebab comes from.

Its just a bit of a joke
    LOL, I knew that but didn't make a connection 'till now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    It's nice that weren't discriminated against, it's a shame you can't treat the Roma (don't call them gypsies) with the same respect. You wouldn't like people saying Bulgarians live on taxpayer's money and aren't proper Europeans, so don't say that about other people. :dong:

But the gypsies are largely poor and unemployed. they have the highest economic inactivity rates with 50%
    60% of them have no qualifications.
    2x as likely to live in social housing
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulati...les/2014-01-21
    Just read that.

I feel no sympathy for them, they have a culture that is horrible, While some of them are ok many of them are not, disregarding local and national laws and invading peoples properties. Many times has my local area been disturbed and attacked by these horrible people.

They steal land owned by the people and claim it as their own, they leave horses tethered to polls threatening people walking by as a horse can be very dangerous.
    They smash bushes and gardens.

I even had one time it got so bad I had to sit with a rifle by the window because so many of them were On the streets going door to door smashing bottles and Screaming.

These people should not be accepted if they continue to act like this.

And while many of these people are ok they still have the highest proportion of people out of work and on benefits and this is unacceptable.

The Bulgarian person has all the right to dislike Gypsies.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    But the gypsies are largely poor and unemployed. they have the highest economic inactivity rates with 50%
    60% of them have no qualifications.
    2x as likely to live in social housing
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulati...les/2014-01-21
    Just read that.

I feel no sympathy for them, they have a culture that is horrible, While some of them are ok many of them are not, disregarding local and national laws and invading peoples properties. Many times has my local area been disturbed and attacked by these horrible people.

They steal land owned by the people and claim it as their own, they leave horses tethered to polls threatening people walking by as a horse can be very dangerous.
    They smash bushes and gardens.

I even had one time it got so bad I had to sit with a rifle by the window because so many of them were On the streets going door to door smashing bottles and Screaming.

These people should not be accepted if they continue to act like this.

And while many of these people are ok they still have the highest proportion of people out of work and on benefits and this is unacceptable.

The Bulgarian person has all the right to dislike Gypsies.
    You realise that report isn't about the Romany people? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You realise that report isn't about the Romany people? :facepalm:

1. Home
    2. People, population and community
    3. Cultural identity
    4. Ethnicity
    5. 2011 Census analysis
    Article:2011 Census analysis: What does the 2011 Census tell us about the characteristics of Gypsy or Irish travellers in England and Wales?

We explore characteristics of the Gypsy and Irish Traveller community for the first time, based on data from the 2011 Census. Analysis is focused on qualifications, economic activity, family relationships, health and accommodation. These characteristics are also compared with other ethnic groups and the population as a whole
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    1. Home
    2. People, population and community
    3. Cultural identity
    4. Ethnicity
    5. 2011 Census analysis

Article:2011 Census analysis: What does the 2011 Census tell us about the characteristics of Gypsy or Irish travellers in England and Wales?

We explore characteristics of the Gypsy and Irish Traveller community for the first time, based on data from the 2011 Census. Analysis is focused on qualifications, economic activity, family relationships, health and accommodation. These characteristics are also compared with other ethnic groups and the population as a whole
    I repeat, that report is not about the Romany people. 'Gypsy' does not = Romany, especially in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I repeat, that report is not about the Romany people. 'Gypsy' does not = Romany, especially in the UK.
    As our Bulgarian friend was talking about Gypsies we are talking about gypsies
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As our Bulgarian friend was talking about Gypsies we are talking about gypsies
    He was talking about Romany people. You are talking about a group of British people who either call themselves or are called by the public 'gypsies' - that does not mean they are the same people, they aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denkata)
    Ask me any question you have, I'll be happy to answer.
    have you ever tried an ice slice?

ReputationRep:
    He was talk about Romany people. You are talking about a group of British people who either call themselves or are called by the public 'gypsies' - that does not mean they are the same people, they aren't.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/312
    read this
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Which part? Most of the document says the Roma are poor, that is no reason to hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikelbackRokay)
    have you ever tried an ice slice?
    I'm not sure that I know what this is. I might have though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.