(Original post by hazzer1998)
    Con - 15
    lab - 14
    ukip -8
    libs - 8
    soc - 4
    JD- 1
    Green - 0
    I'm a̶f̶r̶a̶i̶d̶ happy to say that this will be a disastrous election for UKIP. 3 or 4 seats maximum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I'm a̶f̶r̶a̶i̶d̶ happy to say that this will be a disastrous election for UKIP. 3 or 4 seats maximum.
    I'm sure all the TSR UKIP members went over to your poll and voted, and that everybody on your poll came and voted on ours in exactly the same way...
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I'm sure all the TSR UKIP members went over to your poll and voted, and that everybody on your poll came and voted on ours in exactly the same way...
    Tbf, I could see UKIP dropping down to 6 potentially. They haven't been covered in glory irl recently. 3 or 4 is definitely too low though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Tbf, I could see UKIP dropping down to 6 potentially. They haven't been covered in glory irl recently. 3 or 4 is definitely too low though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A drop is almost guaranteed, to 3 or 4 is unlikely, It's also great how James is directly contradicting himself given he is here taken his poll as a very good indicator but saying otherwise in the bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have the Murdoch papers running stories claiming Brexit was a stitch-up, the government is ignoring the will of the citizens, Britain will not be leaving the EU, and only UKIP can save Britain: that should be enough to secure the Brexiters' votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    A drop is almost guaranteed, to 3 or 4 is unlikely, It's also great how James is directly contradicting himself given he is here taken his poll as a very good indicator but saying otherwise in the bar.

I'm not using my poll, but maybe 3 or 4 is a little unlikely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not using my poll, but maybe 3 or 4 is a little unlikely.
    Either way, you seemed pretty certain
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Simply untrue .. UKIP will get between 7-8 seats
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Simply untrue .. UKIP will get between 7-8 seats
    A prediction can't be "untrue". It can be wrong or inaccurate, but an opinion cannot be "untrue"

In any case, do you even have enough members for 8 seats or will you guys have to get like 5 people from Reddit to help you out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking at Mhoc election history the trend in RL is often somewhat mirrored in our elections. The election in April (low turnout and finished close) saw RL polls give the Tories a lead of ~6%, that lead has doubled now and if turnout hits 200, Labour lose their Mhoc premium for being active (Mhoc voters will be outnumbered), more if Fez gets a mass PM.

I therefore think that i'm going to be laughing at you guys that predicted a Labour win (the Greens only got a few percent of the vote last time).

Con: 16
    Lab: 12
    Lib: 9
    Soc: 6
    Kip: 5
    JD: 1
    Indie: 1

National Liberals mean there's a few percent spare for an indie, green votes will give labour an extra two seats and Libs one, Tories will gain from RL weakening the Kippers and pushing floaters from Labour.

Con-Lib produces a majority government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Looking at Mhoc election history the trend in RL is often somewhat mirrored in our elections. The election in April (low turnout and finished close) saw RL polls give the Tories a lead of ~6%, that lead has doubled now and if turnout hits 200, Labour lose their Mhoc premium for being active (Mhoc voters will be outnumbered), more if Fez gets a mass PM.

I therefore think that i'm going to be laughing at you guys that predicted a Labour win (the Greens only got a few percent of the vote last time).

National Liberals mean there's a few percent spare for an indie, green votes will give labour an extra two seats and Libs one, Tories will gain from RL weakening the Kippers and pushing floaters from Labour.

Petros has said that his party will only be in Government next term if they finish top of the standings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Petros has said that his party will only be in Government next term if they finish top of the standings.
    I think we both know Petros will go running to Ray, or Mobbsy if both approach him offering his party lots of shiny titles in a coalition agreement.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)

Let's blooming well hope not, eh?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I think we both know Petros will go running to Ray, or Mobbsy if both approach him offering his party lots of shiny titles in a coalition agreement.
    If he did go back on his word after all the times he has promised the Liberals would not go into Government this term, I would be very disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    If he did go back on his word after all the times he has promised the Liberals would not go into Government this term, I would be very disappointed.
    You should start planning how to handle your disappointment, we both know Petros cannot resist pretending to care about implementing Liberal policies.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Meh, it's also possible that he gives way to another leader with the swiftness that LP gave way to mobbsy. The new leader may not share the view.

ReputationRep:
    Jeb bush: 50
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Meh, it's also possible that he gives way to another leader with the swiftness that LP gave way to mobbsy. The new leader may not share the view.
    The trouble is, there probably aren't that many people to replace him if he did step down.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    Jeb bush: 50

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.