Turn on thread page Beta

Miscellanous Thread VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    a part of me imagines swirly as this little nerdy student with a notepad. He goes to class/lectures and is always scribbling little things down all day. The cool students come over to talk to him, and ask him what hes writing.

He says ' oh nothing, just working on some stuff..' and nervously walks away. as he hopes that none of them saw the title on the page: 'wierd **** to post on TSR'
    Back off my bro

Also, define cool.

My internets being tempremental and its driving me mad.

ReputationRep:
    Wot is this
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I remember when the first Spiderman came out and it was rated 12, but everyone younger wanted to see it because it was marketed at kids so much. I was 11 at the time and my Dad just lied about my age when we went to the cinema so i'd get in.

That film is the reason why there's a 12a classification today, it caused so many arguments :lol:

(Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Can't believe you've just asked him that
    I wanted to see his reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I get the feeling you write about 10 essays a day and ask your wife to pick the best 3 to post on TSR
    What a way to start the thread 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Back off my bro

Also, define cool.
    Cool = Paul Pogba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Can't believe you've just asked him that
    why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Toby Maguire. Not even a competition.

Even Spiderman 1 was years ahead of its time, with some of the action scenes pushing the boundaries of the time like when the Green Goblin attacks the parade, and the ensuing upside down kiss was an iconic scene of the 2000s really.

Spiderman 3 wasn't exactly the best, but even then it was better than most movies.

It's not even like Spiderman is my favourite super hero or I have a huge thing for him, but boy those movies from 2002- 2007 were really something else.
    I agree tbh - the amount of superhero films nowadays is just ridiculous, but the original Spider-Man trilogy will always be a classic staple in that genre (particularly 1 and 2).

What I liked about it was that the hero didn't feel OP. Nowadays the superheroes are way too powerful so there's no real danger or risk that you think they might die or whatever.

In fairness though, Garfield is a terrific actor and played TASM pretty damn well. It's just that Maguire was phenomenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I get the feeling you write about 10 essays a day and ask your wife to pick the best 3 to post on TSR
    my wife says all my essays are special..

ReputationRep:
    Back off my bro

Also, define cool.
    not spending your friday night on TSR.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    In

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I agree tbh - the amount of superhero films nowadays is just ridiculous, but the original Spider-Man trilogy will always be a classic staple in that genre (particularly 1 and 2).

What I liked about it was that the hero didn't feel OP.
    Yessssss!

The train scene in Spider Man 2 was just a phenomenal scene. When they see this super hero destroyed and de-masked and they're expecting someone OP, but it's just this young boy lying there, and they all look at each other like wtf that could be my son.

ReputationRep:
    Not even on the first page ffs.

sr90 add bae in the first post.

ReputationRep:
    why
    Because it's so damn obvious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    not spending your friday night on TSR.
    What should you be doing on a Friday night?

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is a sharp thread.
    If you add an O to God it's good, if you take a D from Devil it's evil.

If you take a R from RKO it's KO

Ayeeeeeeeeeee Tk is in da house doe:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Cool = Paul Pogba
    He is a kinda cool guy, seems it anyway.

But cool is subjective. I think someone who plays Mass Effect and is into Star Wars is cool, others would disagree.

ReputationRep:

in
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    What happened to being able to quote/edit posts from old threads? I know you used to be able to do this as I cribbed the first LFC thread post to create the new one last time but tried earlier and it wouldn't let me..
    I think they changed a few things with how the site works recently, I remember before you could edit a post but not delete it. Threads now auto lock at 10k posts which never happened before, I had no idea that was a thing until last night when I saw the LFC thread had closed.

ReputationRep:
    He is a kinda cool guy, seems it anyway.

But cool is subjective. I think someone who plays Mass Effect and is into Star Wars is cool, others would disagree.
    Are you talking about your self here?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 3, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.